❦ Chapter 53 - Labor

*Melody*

Time passed, four months to be exact, and thankfully nothing more was bought up about the incident.

Those final words still eat at me. However, I chose to try to move on from what happened, for both my sake and everyone else's.

My father and I launched Mystic Blood with our debut song, Crystallize, where Uncle Jake remixed it a bit for us to add a little flair. 

We also filmed a music video for it, leading to a visit to the Rockies, and it came out amazing.

(Video: Lindsey Sterling "Crystallize" (Dubstep Violin Original Song)
(Note: In this story only, we'll say that Mystic Blood wrote this song and performed it. All rights are still reserved to Lindsey Sterling)

Along the way Orange Cat sadly got sick and sadly passed away. Its hurt us a lot, especially my father, but we're doing our best to heal. A while after he passed, we ended up adopting a rescue dog, Jagger, and even though Orange Cat always has a special place in my heart, little Jagger has one a place as well and he and the kitties have gotten along well.

Of course, Hemingway makes sure to tell him who was here first, despite the size difference. Hehe.

Alice will officially be 9 months next week and we are super excited and already have everything ready for my baby brother's arrival.

Right now we were at home discussing the music video ideas for our next song, Elements. It wasn't done yet, but we decided to get it ready and out of the way for when we start filming, which will be about a few months after my brother is born.

"We can include the four elements," I suggested. "You and I get 2 each."

"I like that. Which ones would you want?" He asked.

"Hmm... Well, according to our zodiacs, I, a Pisces, am a Water sign, and you, a Capricorn, are an Earth sign," she said. "I get water and you earth,"

"He chuckled. "Alright, that's one for each. What about Air and Fire?"

I giggled and was about to answer when.....

"JEREMY!!! MELODY!!!!!" we suddenly heard a scream and jumped, the cats even getting spooked.

"That was Mom," I said worriedly as I looked at my father.

We quickly shot out of our seats and hurried out of the studio to the kitchen downstairs where Alice clutched to the counter and a puddle of water pooled around her feet.

"Jeremy, my water broke, it's time!" she exclaimed.

"Wait, the baby's coming now?!" I gasped.

"Yes, yes, it's time!" Alice gasped as she clutched her baby bump.

"Fuck, okay, Melody!" I said. "Go grab the to-go bag we got ready, and call your godfather while you're at it. I'm going to help get your mother ready and in the car."

I nodded and quickly ran out to do as told.

*Jinxx*

I quickly got Alice in a coat and shoes, grabbing my jacket and our phones as well, and soon the three of us were rushing out the door.

"Uncle Jake is going to meet us at the hospital with Aunt Inna, and he'll call the others!" Melody said as she handed me the bag, her jacket and Alice's purse in her other hand.

"Alright," I nodded as we all climbed into the car, speeding towards the hospital and practically blowing every stop light (thank God there are no cops on the way).

Melody sat in the back with Alice counting her contractions, which thankfully were not as close but Alice was obviously still feeling them.

Fucking hell, why am I more freaked out than the pregnant lady?! Is this normal for expectant fathers?!

***

We arrived to the hospital and they took in Alice and prepped her as we waited for her to be more dilated.

So far, everything was going good, but it could be a few hours until Alice is ready to push.

Alice rested in bed as she breathed through another one, Melody and I sitting on either side of her, when the door opened and in walked my entire band and their girlfriends or wives.

Following them was Tahlia and the twins, holding flowers and baby balloons.

"Hey," Inna smiled quietly.

"Hey," I smiled as they walked in, Melody's friends walking up to her.

"How are you feeling, Miss Alice?" Stella asked.

"Hanging in there," she groaned softly as she shifted a little.

"You're almost there, Ali," Anna smiled as she rubbed Alice's arm while holding her hand.

She took a deep breath and nodded as Inna also placed her hand over his.

Everyone soon got settled and relaxed around the room to wait on the new arrival, Rupert and Evan soon showing up as well, along with my parents and siblings, and crowding up the little hospital room more.

We all began to doze off and sleep when suddenly Alice was shaking me awake.

"Jeremy," she groaned. "I-I think its time, I have to push..."

"Shit, okay," I said, and started to wake Jake. "Jake, wake up."

He groaned and woke up, waking up Inna as well.

"I think its time, man," I said.

"Fuck, alright," he nodded, and went to wake up everyone else as Inna also helped.

I then walked up to Melody, who was asleep in the couch seat with Tahlia, who was also waking up.

"Hey, Mel," I whispered as I shook her softly as Tahlia got up from next to her, looking over. "Wake up, sweetheart, we gotta go."

She only murmured and shifted a little, still asleep.

I chuckled, knowing she was in a deep sleep like usual.

"Relax, I got her," Ashley laughed softly as he walked up and carefully scooped her tiny frame up in his arms. "Good luck, brother."

I nodded as everyone stepped out of the room and soon doctors and nurses come in we all started to get Alice ready to deliver.

~~~~~

Kind of rushed this a little bit since its late but I hope you all still enjoyed it! 🌻

🎧 Currently in Sapph's playlist:

Jesse McCartney ft. Ludacris "How Do You Sleep?"

♡~ sapphire.