❦ Chapter 11 - The Truth

[Jinxx's POV]

I told her everything. From meeting Vicky, to what she told me years later, from looking for Melody.

She had tears in her eyes, looking shocked.

"So.... My own mother..... She didn't even want me?" she asked.

I bit my lip. "I'm so sorry, Melody... She even came to me with cocaine in her system, and.... That's how I found out about you."

More tears. "And.... Y-You could.... Could actually be my-my father?"

I was quiet, but then nodded. "I am positive that I am, but we have to make sure."

"Make sure?" she asked.

"I have to do it. Its not the first time girls have tried dropping kids on me, girls I've never even met. Its happened to me, CC, Ashley, even Jake," I said.

She got up an paced the room. "Oh my god.... oh my god," she sobbed.

I got up and held her shoulders. "Melody, look at me," I said, holding her face in my hands. "This doesn't change a thing."

"Y-You're not gonna take me back?" sh sobbed. "T-To the orphanage?"

"Not even if they make me," I said. "You are a lovely young girl, and the short time we've known each other, I... I can't let you go like that, and you don't deserve even going back to that orphanage. What Vicky did to you, you didn't deserve it, and I will never forgive her for doing that."

She just cried and I couldn't help but pull her into my arms.

She cried into my chest as I rubbed her back as we sat down and she held to me.

"All my life, I-I just thought I was alone because my parents just couldn't stay with me, t-that they couldn't take care of me for some understandable reason," she sobbed. "But.... M-My mother didn't even love me.... She didn't want me or even care if I lived or d-died."

"Well, I care about you, Melody," I said, looking down at her. "And I want you, that's what's important."

She sniffled and let out a sob as I hugged her tightly.

"Its gonna be okay, Melody," I comforted. "Its gonna be okay. Just let it out"

She cried out her pain for a while and it wasn't long until she had calmed down and I decided to pick her up and carried her to the other bedroom.

"Are you still hungry? Do you want me to get your food?" I asked as I laid her down and she sat up.

She sniffled and shook her head. "I'll be okay. I'll eat tomorrow morning. I just want to sleep," she mumbled.

"Okay," I said, pulling the covers over her. "Just get some rest, and if you need anything, just let me know, I'm next do-"

She held my hand, stopping me.

"Don't leave me alone right now.... Please," she begged.

I felt sad... That she was so broken from the truth.

I nodded and walked over, climbing into bed next to her.

She curled up next to me as she cried quietly.

I just held her and rubbed her back.

"I'm here.... I'm not leaving," I said.

She sniffled as she clung to me, soon falling asleep.

I looked down as she slept and softly kissing her head, holding her as I then fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

Votes & comments please!! ♡