❦ Chapter 42 - Worry

*Melody*

I was worried out of my mind, and getting scared.

I wanted my dad. I wanted Alice.

A lot was going through my head and I needed them both here.

Why did she faint?? She was so pale, what happened to her??

After Uncle Jake tried to stop my dad, he whispered something to Aunt Inna and Uncle Ashley, who both suddenly got worried and anxious.

Uncle Ashley left to see if there was any news but Aunt Inna paced the room nervously.

Uncle CC sat by my bed trying to calm me down as we all waited. I tried to sleep but I couldn't after seeing Alice in that state.

"Uncle Jake," I said. "Please, tell me what's wrong? Why did Alice faint like that??"

He looked over at me, but sighed. "Mel, sweetie, it... Its best that your parents tell you themselves..."

"But-"

"Hey, Mini Jinxx," Uncle Andy said. "You had a long day... We all did... Alice was probably just exhausted from the chaos we went though trying to find you and get you back home."

I frowned and looked down. "I'm sorry..."

"Hey," Uncle

"Just get some rest, okay?" CC assured.

I frowned and looked down as I rubbed my arm.

"What's wrong, love?" Aunt Inna asked.

I sighed and held back tears. "My biological mother...."

Everyone looked at me with silence and still faces.

"Can... Can we have a funeral for her, please?" I asked.

Everyone looked at each other, questioning and sad looks in their faces.

"She died saving me... She made mistakes, but hating her for them just isn't the right thing to do," I said. "I want to at least put her to rest in peace."

Everyone stood quiet before Uncle Andy stepped up.

"I'll look into the arrangements," He said, nodding.

"Andy," Juliet snapped.

"Melody has a good heart, and she's willing to forgive her biological mother for putting her in this position," Andy said, motioning towards me. "Jinxx has other priorities right now, so I'll take care of this for him."

"Oh, and suddenly you have no priorities but to plan the funeral for some loser junkie mother of a kid who isn't even yours!?" she snapped.

"Juliet!!" Aunt Inna snapped as we stared in shock.

"Melody is not my flesh and blood, but she is still family, Jules, and we almost lost her to a bunch of assholes with no remorse for human lives!!" Uncle Andy argued.

"If you two are gonna argue, then please leave before you stress the poor kid out!!" Uncle Jake snapped.

I frowned and looked down as Uncle CC hugged me and Juliet just stormed out of the room, Uncle Andy looking frusterated.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"No, no, Mel, its not your fault. She's been as stressed as everyone lately," Uncle Andy excused. "Tomorrow morning I'll make the arrangements for your biological mother's funeral."

I nodded as then Uncle CC pulled the blanket around me. 

"Get some sleep, Mini Jinxx. You could really use it," he said.