❦ Chapter 3 - Regular Day

*Melody*

The next morning I woke up to a loud scream.

I look up and saw it was Karen, and some of the girls were screaming and crying, too.

Curious, I went and looked to see what they were screaming at.

A little brown spider, just perched on the bed rail of Karen's bed.

I sighed and walked over to get it.

"Melody, don't get it!! It could be poisonous!!" One girl, Jenny, scolded.

"Its not like it wanted to hurt anyone. He was just looking for a place to make a home," I said, letting it climb on my hand. It was just a regular little fuzzy brown spider, by the looks of it. "See? He's harmless."

Some of the girls still cringed.

"God, Wednesday Addams, can you not be such a freak?!!!" Karen screamed.

"No need to yell, Karen. He probably didn't like you, anyway," I said simply, and the girls 'oohhed' and laughed as I casually walked out to leave the spider in the yard.

I walked to a nearby bush and set it free. "There. You can do better than a rundown orphanage like this one to make your new home," I smiled, then frowned.

"Then again.... I wish I can, too," I said.

The little spider looked in my direction before he turned in a circle on the leaf and then scurrying off.

I smiled and decided to go get ready and walked back to the girls dormitory.

I made my bed and then picked out some clothes before going to shower, and then once I was done pulled on a dark blue blouse and a black knee length skirt, braiding my hair to the side before slipping on some black flats and heading downstairs for breakfast.

It wasn't edible food, but I rather not starve.

I took a bottle of juice with a plate of eggs, and sat down to eat.

I ate alone, as usual.

I finished and left my plate in the bin at the exit to be washed and decided to go upstairs to practice some violin.

Didn't have an adoption appointment today, so might as well just stay in the room for a while.

*Jinxx*

"Melody Hayes?" Autumn asked.

"Yes. I need you and Travis to check the local orphanages over there, a fourteen, maybe fifteen year old girl, mother's name was Victoria Hayes," I said.

It was silent as I looked at Jake while he ate.

"Okay, Travis will call you if we find anything on her," she said.

"Great, thanks," I said.

"But Jeremy, are you sure about this?" she asked. "That this kid some junkie you hooked up with had could be yours?"

"Look, I don't know. I'll just schedule a paternity test, and we'll ssee what happens from there," I said.

"Okay," She said. "We'll call you."

"Thanks. Say hi to Mom for me," I said.

We hung up and I sighed as Jake ate.

"Don't stress yourself out, Jinxx. This could be some big misunderstanding. I mean, the woman literally came to the show with crack smeared and even dripping down her nose," He said.

"I know, but one thing Vicki wasn't was a liar. Ever," I said.

He sighed. "Well.... If you do feel sure about this, then Im with you," he said.

"Thats, brother. I mean, this is a big surprise," he said.

I sigh. "I know."

~~~

Should I continue? ^.^=