❦ Chapter 17 - Birthday

[Melody's POV]

I felt someone softly shaking me as I slept, and I groaned and buried myself into my pillow.

"Hehe, hey, Mel, wake up," my dad's gentle voice whispered.

I murmured in my sleep as I rolled over and met with his gaze on me.

"Wake up, sleepy head," he said. "Happy birthday."

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as I realized what day it is.

Today I turn 15!

I smiled sleepily at him as Mao pounced up next to me, wanting some attention, then laughed. "Thanks Dad," I smiled, then looked at Mao. "You, too, kitty."

Mao just meowed and purred in my arms as she got comfortable.

It was a really amazing feeling when I found out Jinxx was my biological father. He's been really great, and having Alice around is also amazing, too. I've been taking music lessons from my father and Alice has suggested me for dance classes, which I will be starting once I begin school.

Dad has also enrolled me in a really good high school, which I'm beginning in next week. I'm a little nervous, but dad assures me that its a very good school with good reviews and good teachers, and a lot of good programs. Its also pretty exclusive, but he says he knows some people and I was able to be allowed to attend with their help.

Dad chuckled as I carefully sat up. "Now, Alice and I made you some birthday breakfast, including some of your favorites," he said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yep. Come on," he said as he got up and held out his hand for me, which I took as I got up from my bed and we went out to see Alice finished setting the table.

"Wow," I said in surprise.

"Hey, you," she smiled as she walked over and we hugged. "Happy birthday!"

"Thank you, Alice," I smiled.

"Later, we can open your gifts," Dad said as we all sat down to eat.

The food was delicious, and we all talked and enjoyed each other's company when there was a knock at the door.

"Wonder who that is," Dad mumbled, looking over at where the door was before getting up and walking over.

Alie and I watch as he then opened the door and then...

POP!

We jumped at the sound of a loud pop and turned to suddenly see my dad covered in streamers and confetti, and Mister CC holding a large confetti cannon that looked like it was detonated.

The other band members were there, along with some girls.

"Oops," he said with a yikes look as me and Alice tried to hold back out laughed.

"Good going, CC," Mister Ashley laughed.

"I thought Little Jinxx was gonna open it!" He protested.

"Clearly," Dad said, then punched Mister CC in the stomach, making him grunt and fall to the ground.

"I'm sorry," Mister CC said in a strained voice as I excused myself and got up from my seat to the door as my dad shook off the colorful papers that were on him.

"Ah, there's the birthday girl," Jake smiled. "Happy birthday, Melody."

"Hehe, thank you," I smiled as me and my dad let them in. Thankfully there was enough food to offer.

I also got to meet the girls who were with the guys.

Inna was Jake's wife, and she was so beautiful and nice..