❦ Chapter 5 - Natural Born Prodigy

[Melody's POV]

After the paperwork was done, I packed my bags and we left.

It was a lovely white two story house, a porch outside with a swing, and some lovely flowers out front.

The woman, who Miss Autumn says is my grandmother, is so nice and friendly.

The inside of the house was so homey and relaxing. There were many posters of these 5 young men wearing black and leather, some of the pictures with paint on their face.

Of the 5, most of the pictures were of the shortest one, who had black paint on his face similar to a clown, sometimes wore studs and leather (an odd piece in his... lower area....), but in others he dressed so elegantly and was so handsome.

In some pictures, he played guitar or violin on stage. It made me smile seeing him.

My thoughts were interrupted by something rubbing against my leg.

I looked fown to see an orange cat rubbing against my leg.

I smiled and knelt down to pet him and he just rubbed up against me, meowing contently.

I giggled softly. "Its nice to meet you, too."

I smiled as I picked him up, holding him close as his tail coiled around my wrist.

I looked around and then noticed a room nearby the living room.

Curious, I enter and gasped in amazement.

There stood an grand ebony piano, shining in the soft sunlight that seeped through the window blinds.

I bit my lip, looking back before looking down at the cat. "Should I?"

He only meow and jumped down from my arms, onto the bench, and then on the piano.

I smiled nervously. "I guess.... I guess one song can't hurt."

I slipped off my sweater, placing it over the arm of a nearby chair, and then took my seat as I opened the piano, and took a deep breath before deciding to play Fleur di Lis.

*Autumn*

"Hey, Melody, if you're hungry, my mom made some sandwiches," I called out, but didn't see Melody anywhere, and that's when i noticed piano music was playing.

I went to the music room to see Melody at the piano, playing the song fluently.

I then felt someone stand behind me and turn to see it was my mom.

We watched as Melody played, focused as her fingers played the keys.

"She plays just like Jinxx," My mom whispered. "So focused, a natural born prodigy."

"I know," I nodded. "Its hard to believe that she isn't his."

"The record company will kill him if he doesn't get a DNA test done," Mom said. "But I believe she's a Ferguson. There's no doubt."

I sighed and watched as she played.

Let's just see what Jinxx says.

~~~~~~~~

Thoughts so far?

Feedback!! ^.^=