❦ Chapter 38 - No More

*Victoria*

"Damn it! Leave it to Rob to fuck up something as simple as this," Raymond snarled in anger.

"We should move. He'll probably reveal us," one guy said in anger.

I watched as Melody continued to sleep from the chloroform I gave her.

"The truck broke down, its gonna be about 4 hours before we can be able to move," Raymond snarled. "Whole town is probably turning over every stone looking for the little bitch."

"This client in Morocco is gonna be pissed that his order is late though," the guy said.

"I fucking know that," Raymond said, taking out his phone. "I'll try to get another way to get her in a crate fast, but this is all fucked now. Vicky, watch her while I try to fix this mess."

I nodded as they all stepped out, leaving me alone with Melody.

I took a shakey breath as I looked at my bruised and bloody daughter.

"This isn't right... It wasn't supposed to be like this..." I said as if she would have heard me.

I paced the room deciding what to do.

This girl... She's my daughter. She never did anything wrong to me.

I did more harm to her than she ever did to me.

I gave her up for drugs. I chose to not be a part of her life. I took her away from the safety of her home just to pay off the debt I had from buying dope. She got a beating from Raymond because of me. Now he's gonna sell her to some creep on the other side of the world who will probably end up killing her.

No.... No more.... She shouldn't be exposed to this any longer.

I won't let her suffer anymore because of me.

If they find out about this, I'm dead... But at least she already has a family.

I just hope they will find her before its too late.

I take a deep breath before I took out my phone and dialed.

*Jinxx*

After overcoming the initial shock of that revelation, CC, Ashley, Danny, Shaun and I sat in Detective Fletcher's office as he was on the phone.

Sammi and Paul decided to join a search group to help while everyone continued to look everywhere.

Jake took Alice home since she wasn't feeling well, and that just added more worry for me. Right now, she can't be stressed like this.

The man who took Melody has connections in so many countries, running thousands of trafficking rings, mainly human.

Organs. Sex. Slaves. Whatever to ruin a human forever.

And he has my daughter...

"I want eyes all over the fucking world if you can manage. Find me this bastard and the Ferguson girl ALIVE," Detective Fletcher snarled, hanging up the phone. "FBI just arrived and are starting searches of possible locations, stakeouts, you name it."

"Forgive me, but I don't think we have time for that!" I snapped. "If we don't get an address from that bastard, my daughter is going to end up being sold and shipped to some perv in God only knows where!!"

"I know that, Jeremy, I'm doing everything I can here," Detective Fletcher said. "These assholes have been snatching girls across the country and prostituting them, selling their organs, making them punching bags, and a lot of fucked up shit."