❦ Chapter 31 - Group Dances

*Melody*

"Five, six, seven, eight," the instructor called out as the music started and the singer for this part, River, was in the center and he started to sing while Tahlia and I were in place.

I continued in the music program at Athena Heights and have become both a dancer and string player in the program.

The past 2 years I mastered guitar and cello, and more of the violin and piano.

My relationship with Tahlia has also been going well so far. Her parents had also accepted her and have been really supportive like mine.

Our friends have also been supportive, though sadly we both have been bullied a little for being an interracial lesbian couple.

But I don't care. Tahlia is happy, and so am I, and that's all that matters to us.

We danced along to the music until River finished singing and the music stopped.

"Perfect everyone, great job! Now take five, and then I want Tahlia and Joselyn ready for their routine soon," the dance instructor said.

Tahlia and I headed towards the wall where our bags sat as everyone rested, Rupert and Holly coming up to us.

"You guys did great," Rupert said.

"Thanks. It looks like all these group dances are coming along great," I said.

"They are. I'm excited for Elias's though. All the colors and stuff look super fun," I said.

"For real," Tahlia said. "You know one group dance we should do, though?" 

"What?" Rupert asked curiously as he laid back, resting his head on Holly's lap.

"Cell Block Tango," She smirked.

"Oh my gosh, maybe we can do that for our senior year!" Holly said excitedly.

"You only want to sing that one line you liked when we saw the movie," I laughed. 

"You can't blame me, it was an awesome line," shelaughed, then proceeded to imitate June. "And then he ran into my knife.... He ran into my knife ten times."

We laughed as I leaned my head against her shoulder and she held my hand.

Soon practice ended and we all headed home.

My father will be leaving on tour soon, but will thankfully be there for my performance this weekend (and there won't be any hot wiring of airport shuttles to hurry.)

I'm excited because once he gets back, we'll all start focusing on his and Alice's wedding.

It'll be so exciting having Alice officially become part of the family. In fact, I already had the perfect wedding gift for her, and I hope she likes it. 

"So, girls, how was practice?" Alice asked as we both ate dinner, my father next to me.

"It was great. My dance group did really good," I smiled.

"And Aylin already started making the outfits for everyone," Tahlia said.

"Can't wait to see it," Father said. "Three days, right?" 

"Yeah. This Friday night," Tahlia said.

We soon finished eating and Tahlia and I did some more homework before watching some television, until her mother picked her up.

We shared a quick kiss. "See you tomorrow," she smiled.

"See you tomorrow," I smiled as she headed out.

"You two are just so cute," Alice said.

I chuckled and blushed a little. "Thank you," I said.

"Its late. You should head off to bed, sweetheart," my father said. "Tomorrow afterschool we have a meeting for Mystic Blood."

"Okay," I said, then hugged him and Alice goodnight before heading upstairs, Mao following me like usual.

I'm thankful for everything in my life.

~~~~~

Sorry its so short, everyone. This is actually a bit of a filler, only because I've been pretty occupied with some stuff. 

But, I do have some parts already drafted so a few chapters will definitely be long.

Spoiler: Next chapter is gonna be another performance chapter, BUT from there things start to get tense and will leave you on edge! You have been warned!

🎶Currently in Sapph's playlist:

Escape the Fate "Issues"

♡~ sapphire.