❦ Chapter 28 - Mystic Blood

*Almost 2 years later*

*Jinxx*

"Melody, let's get going!" I called out upstairs.

"Almost ready!" She called back.

Almost 2 years have passed and things have taken their ups and downs.

I proposed to Alice and we soon bought a house not too far from where we used to live.

Melody has continued to be the beautiful, talented girl I am proud of, and will soon be turning 17 in three months.

She's the brightest in her class and in the music program at school, and with each performance she continued to amaze the audience. I've been teaching her cello and guitar, Alice teaching her some dance, as well and she's gotten the hang of both instruments very well.

A few times while Alice would visit Europe I would bring Melody with me on tour and sometimes even let her play violin on stage for a few songs.

The fans love her and a few times fir their entertainment we'd even have a violin showdown, Father vs. Daughter (so far, she has me beat by 2 points.... She's that advanced, I'm telling you!)

Now, she's almost done with summer break and BVB is currently on break, aside from "Andy Black" who's out doing his own thing.

Jake and Inna had gotten married a couple of months back and decided to take advantage and go on their honeymoon trip for a few weeks.

Ashley moved to Nashville but still keeps in touch. He's been having some trouble lately with the fanbases, and it's even worrying Melody.

CC comes around from time to time, but usually just hangs out with friends.

Today, John wanted to meet with me and Melody at the studio about something. Not really sure about what.

Alice was helping a friend with something and will meet us later for lunch.

It didn't take long until Melody soon came downstairs, dressed and ready to go.

"Good?" I asked.

"Yes," she smiled as she got her purse, phone already in hand, and we walked out to my car.

"What do you think Mister Feldman wanted to speak with us about?" Melody asked curiously as I drove.

"Beats me," I shrugged. "Probably something about the BVB record."

"Shouldn't he have consulted Uncle Andy?" She asked.

I sighed. "I guess... But Andy has his own problems right now."

She frowned and nodded in understanding as I continued to drive.

Though she isn't wrong. Usually anything is up, Andy or sometimes Ashley is called in.

What would he need from me?

Hell, what would he need from Melody?

***

*Melody*

"A side project?" My father asked as we sat across from Mister Feldman.

"Its just a suggestion. Don't really have to go through with it, but its not a terrible idea," he shrugged. "Fans really like when you and Melody play violin together on stage, and management thought about maybe you two uniting forces and becoming a violin duet group."

My father and I looked at each other before back at Mister Feldman.

"Like I said, its just a suggestion, though it could also be a good opportunity for Melody here," Mister Feldman said. "She's very talented, definitely has a bright future ahead of her. This could be a boost."