❦ Chapter 21 - Dancing

*Melody*

"Thought of anything?" Julio asked as we sat at the table with Holly in the music room, the others rehearsing while we ate our lunch.

Stella and Bella spun their turntables a bit to help with the music, since they will be coordinating that during the show and giving a few remixes they made.

"No," I sighed. "My mind is blank. Maybe I should just give you my spot for a solo. You're good at singing on guitar," I shrugged.

"Nah, I'm not that good," he shrugged. "You are though. You should do it."

"Julio's right, you should do it," Holly said happily.

"I need an idea though," I shrugged. "All I have is me playing a piece my father composed for an ablum he recorded once with his band and a cover I'm playing with Tahlia."

"What cover is it?" Holly asked curiously.

"Shadows by Lindsey Stirling," I said.

"Then just do another cover by her," Julio suggested.

"Wouldn't it be repetitive?" I asked.

"Well, you do remind us of Lindsey Sterling a little bit," Holly said.

"You think?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Yeah, you definitely got that whimsy, artsy kind of vibe from her," Holly smiled with a nod.

"Speaking of which, I'm in the mood for one of her songs," Julio shrugged. "Hey, twins! Mind taking a request in honor of Mel here? Help her with an idea!"

"Claro!"  they said in unison and Stella pressed a button and a song by Sterling began to play.

"Oh, I love this song!" Holly exclaimed as she got up and ran to join the other dancers.

(Video/Song: Lindsey Sterling "Electric Daisy Violin")

"Oh, yeah!" Evan laughed as he stood aside and clear the floor and made some odd dance moves.

Suddenly an idea occurred to me as Evan danced and the violin played.

I then stood up, making Julio look at me.

"What's wrong?" Julio asked.

"I may have an idea," I said, taking my violin case and and taking out my violin before listening to a part of the song and memorizing it by ear.

"Done," I said, and rushed over, motioning the twins to cut the music for a moment.

Their brows furrowed, they shrugged and stopped it, making everyone look confused and disappointed.

"Sorry, everyone, but this will just take a moment," I announced. "Evan, those dance moves you were dancing with the song, can you do them again when I say?"

He shrugged. "Who am I to say no to the pretty lady? Hit it, Mel!"

I nodded and positioned my violin as I played the song by memory, and he danced to it again.

Everyone looked impressed as I danced a little as well and he danced in sync nearby.

Everyone clapped to the beat as we played and then it ended, everyone cheering.

"That was awesome!" Evan laughed as our friends rushed over, the twins letting music play before running over.

"Mel, did you play that by ear?" Tahlia asked in amazement.

"Yes," I shrugged.

"Well, hip hop and classical music, that is worthy of a spot in the show," Julio said.

We stopped as me and Evan looked at each other.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but Melody, you should definitely team up with Evan for this bit," Tahlia encouraged. "The crowd will go nuts!"

"They will love you!" Rupert said.

"They might even want an encore," Holly said.

I looked over at Evan who shrugged.

"Evan," I asked. "Will you be willing to team up for me in this slot?"

"Considering that was the most fun I've ever had dancing, I'm in, sweetheart" he said, and everyone cheered as he went for a hug, but I backed away.

"Although, I will like my space during the dance," I said.

"Eh, it was worth a try," he shrugged with a cocky grin, making us all laugh.

At least I finally have my parts in the show planned out.

All I'm hoping now is that my father can be able to see me perform.

***

-2 weeks later-

*Jinxx*

Melody clung to me as we stood on the porch, hugging each other goodbye.

I start tour today and as always, saying goodbye even if its not forever is still something hard to do.

Especially since this is my first time leaving with a daughter in my life, it makes this even harder.

"I promise, I will be back for your show, sweetheart," I told her. "And I will be cheering you on."

She smiled sadly as a lone tear fell down her cheek.

"No tears on me, alright?" I said, wiping her tear away with my thumb as she sniffled and another fell. "If you start crying then so will I, and that won't be a pretty sight."

Melody giggled as she wiped her eyes and hugged me again.

"Just stay safe, father," she said. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you, too," I said. "Be good, okay?"

She nodded and I kiss her forehead before turning to Alice and kissing her passionately.

"I'll miss you, too," I said to her.

"Me too," she said. "Don't worry about us. We'll be alright."

I took a deep breath and nodded as I got my things, giving them both a final hug before pulling away and heading to the tour bus and soon, we took off.

"Don't worry, we'll be on time," Jake assured.

I took a deep breath and nodded.

I hope so.

~~~~~

Super excited for the next few chapters. 😄 

📻Currently in Sapph's playlist:

New Year's Day "Bloody Mary"

♡~ sapphire.