Crazy for a Jacket

STH © SEGA

Sarah and Samwell © BlackPetals23

Newly edited version of TCG: Shadow is so much more in character this time around! :D I'm happy about that.

And he's also three years older than Sonic in this. I looked up his age because I thought he was physically the same age as Sonic is in the games and such (15) and it turns out that sonicwiki says Shadow is 18. *shrugs* Ten years later either way. So, yeah...a bit of an age gape between Shadow and Amy: 22 and 28. 6 years...Not too bad actually.

*Note: Ten years since the Mobius destruction. Eight years since the team split up. They were still all in contact for two years before splitting apart.*

Chapter Three: Crazy for a Jacket

The navy blue pickup truck was absolutely freezing.

Generally meant for two people, the truck was used for the farm more than anything else. Shadow rarely took it to town anymore after having to fix up when he got it four years ago. Unfortunately, four years was starting to catch up to the ancient piece of machinery. Shadow was reluctant to take it anywhere out of his property in case it completely broke down.

It was practically a piece of junk to Amy.

The heater failed to work within five minutes, but that didn't seem to affect the Ultimate Life Form. He drove in silence as they traveled out back and through the fields, towards the barn that wasn't even placed anywhere near the house.

That part perplexed Amy the most.

Constantly shivering, the pink female leaned against the cold window when suddenly; something was draped across her shoulders. The pickup truck bumped along the dirt rode in between fields. Amy's eyelids lifted open at the feeling of the object and she looked to her shoulder to see a jacket.

Amy glanced over at Shadow, noticing he only wore a shirt now. His brown jacket she had used as a pillow on the ride home from the airport was now around her for warmth. She smiled softly while burrowing into his jacket.

"Better?"

She was stunned that he would make such a gesture as giving her his jacket, but speaking was going further. Amy assumed it had to be because of Sonic living in the same house after all the years that had changed Shadow somewhat. That or Shadow had always been a gentleman and she had failed to realize it.

Of course, Amy hadn't spent much time with him in Mobius.

"A little..."

A minute passed, though it felt like an eternity for Amy. The ride lasted forever and all she saw was darkness and the bits of field the headlights showed.

"What are you doing?" his voice cut through the cold air. It was so chilly in the truck that they could see each other's breath.

Amy glanced over at him. "What?" It nearly came out as a whisper.

Shadow gave her a look, glancing up and down at her and his jacket. As his eyes went back to the road, Amy noticed she had been cuddling his jacket and enjoying the smell of it. The smell of hay and nature were new to her...but in a way, she liked it.

"...Smelling your jacket..." A blush was most prominent on her cheeks by now.

His eyes had been on the road. Glimpsing at her, he raised an eyebrow slightly. She's still that crazy girl that's for sure. If she's not crazy for Sonic, then she's at least infatuated with my jacket.