The Fine Line

STH © SEGA

Sarah and Sam © Cozy Shadow

Flame, Petunia, and Jeffery © Phantomask (On FanFiction)

Italicized brands (like food labels, movies, and songs) belong to their rightful owner.

[On FanFiction: To the Guest who talked about Mormons in their review]:

I'm going off the Mormons in my town. Some practice polygamy and say it's their Mormon religion belief. I'm sure Mormonism is different in certain places. But out here, there is a large polygamist Mormon family (they have their own school) that believes it's what they're supposed to do religiously. They're seen as the "Righteous Mormons" of the valley. Real life, by the way. It's annoying.

Chapter Thirteen: The Fine Line

Three days.

Three days had passed and nothing changed, but nothing was super exciting either.

Amy watched the clock tick away as she lied down on the couch. It was Tuesday. February 24th. She'd been there for nearly fourteen days. Despite everything that had happened, things were beginning to calm down—that or return to normal.

She was no longer sick and neither was Shadow. Enough cough syrup down their throats could cure anything apparently.

That and Amy had made them tea every morning.

Shadow despised it even more than he despised coffee, but Amy was obstinate.

"Just drink it."

"It tastes like shit."

"I made it. It's supposed to help the cold."

"It's going to do nothing but continue tasting like shit."

Shadow had returned to his...state. She wasn't entirely sure what to call it.

He wasn't grumpy, but he wasn't overly open either. He was just...Shadow. She figured it was for the best. It helped her mind stop making up thoughts and pretending like everything he did was a signal that he liked her.

Amy was at peace overall.

Except in one department.

Cream.

The clock continued to tick, showing the seconds that passed by. Amy was beginning to feel worry and dread develop every time she thought of the rabbit.

She tried to call Saturday, but it went to voicemail.

"Hey, Cream. It's Amy. Listen, I don't know if Tails said anything to you, but I'm currently living with Shadow and Sonic at the moment. I wanted to catch up with you and...apologize. So...Yeah."

She had sat there for what felt like an eternity, holding the phone. Then she gave her the house number, hung up, and decided Cream would call her back in due time.

Except it'd been almost four days.

Maybe she's not going to ever accept my apology. Maybe she's moved on and has forgotten about me.

What if she doesn't remember me? She probably thought I blocked her out, and she probably hates me even more now.

Oh, what have I done?

But she was moving. She and Vanilla were moving. I decided to stay with Silver though. Even then, Cream looked upset. What if she's one of those preppy girls now? Or emo?