An Unexpected Visit

STH © SEGA

Sarah and Sam © Cozy Shadow

Flame, Petunia, and Jeffery © Phantomask

Italicized brands (like food labels, movies, and songs) belong to their rightful owner.

Chapter Fourteen: An Unexpected Visit

Just like Sarah didn't let Sonic's once-real name down, Amy teased Shadow all the way home.

"I can't believe it. Flame Summers can control you? Shadow the Hedgehog. The badass of all badass-ary."

The ebony male merely observed the road as he drove home—though he was really debating about dropping Amy off at the junction. Someone would eventually pick her up.

But that person could be a rapist for all we know. Rouge flashed in his mind, and then the moment he had lost his control in the store followed. I still can't believe I let it slip. It does make sense though. After so long like this, we get more in tune with our animalistic behaviors—plus we've grown.

Keeping his distance from the young flower had never been more imperative.

At least for now. Shadow noted to himself. After Amy's time of the month was over, things would return to normal. But if this is how it's going to be for as long as she stays here, I pray she doesn't stay for too long.

"Keep laughing," he decided to actually respond to her this time. "It's all fun and games until he starts controlling you for some theory."

"So, it wasn't the super speed?"

"Obviously."

"What could possibly make it so he can't control someone but can control a different person?" Amy mused to herself and gazed out the window. Everything was beginning to darken. "He can't hypnotize Sonic either, but he can with Manic.

"Your hover shoes gave you the super speed, but you have the ability of Chaos powers. Maybe the lack of Chaos emeralds made you vulnerable to Flame's control. But what if he can't control others with power? Like Blaze's fire powers or Silver's telekinesis. Maybe it has to deal with blood types or something, and has nothing to do with powers."

Her blabbing became annoying to the bolshie male. He really began thinking about dropping her off the side of the road.

"Blah, blah, blah."

Amy's ears swiveled in his direction. Green eyes stared at him quizzically.

Was Shadow the Hedgehog giving her sass?

That was a first. Then again, he definitely showed her that he had changed. Now, if she could just stop being so useless...

Looking down at her wrist, Amy rubbed it with her other hand. It was practically healed, but still felt odd upon bending inwards or outwards in a stretch. She cringed slightly at the sudden pain shooting through her wrist when she bent it.

"Stop that."

The aggravated tone made her blankly glare. "I can do as I please."

"You're only going to make it worse."

She ignored Shadow and went on rubbing her wrist. But she didn't bend it. Instead, she stuck with the circular motion of her fingertips.

"What are we going to do tomorrow?" The question popped out of her mouth before she could even realize she said it. But it was true—she wanted to know whether they would actually do something, of their lives would continue to be a bore.