Broken Records

STH © SEGA/Archie

Sarah and Sam © Cozy Shadow

Flame, Petunia, and Jeffery © Phantomask (FanFiction)

Italicized brands (like food labels, movies, and songs) belong to their rightful owner.

-

Chapter Eighteen: Broken Records

Sarah awoke to an arm tightly wrapped around her.

Brown eyes blankly watched the wall remain motionless. Sighing heavily, Sarah leaned back a bit to glance at her future husband. He moved closer, indicating he was probably more awake than he looked.

"Sonic?" she whispered.

He only hummed in response, clearly showing he wanted to sleep in. What was wrong with this female? Sleeping in on Saturdays was a thing. Why was she trying to make it not a thing?

"Sonic."

"What?" He slurred awake as he rubbed his eyes. The blue blur glared softly down at her. "You normally sleep in. Something wrong?"

"Feeling a little sick." Sarah didn't try to make it a conversation for long. She moved her legs about until they were free from the mess of blankets she had been in. Getting out of bed, Sarah ignored Sonic's concerned look and headed to the door.

"You must be getting the flu. Or something Shadow tried to cook," the azure hero scoffed.

Sarah gave him a small smile that only lasted a minute. She opened the bedroom door. "There is a type of bug going through the school. I might have caught it."

She glanced back as Sonic fell back into the pillow and rolled over. Softly grinning again, Sarah made her way across the hallway and to the bathroom—which wasn't a long journey—but she stopped short as something odd caught her eye.

An empty couch.

Backtracking, the lime green female raised an eyebrow towards the living room.

Well. It was almost an empty couch. The dog was still asleep, dreaming happily while occasionally kicking his legs. Sarah would have snorted in laughter, but it was either the nauseous feeling coming back or the fact that Amy wasn't sleeping in either that made her stop short.

"Sonic?" Sarah quickly rushed back into the bedroom, her senses on high alert. Her mate turned over hastily and stared with wide eyes in worry.

"What?" Sonic sat up.

"Amy's gone."

The male didn't dare speak as thoughts interrupted his mind.

Sarah licked her lips and took quick looks at the door and her fiancé. "It's a little weird, don't you think? Amy normally sleeps in anyway."

He didn't respond. Sonic only jumped out of bed and stormed through the hallway, knocking on Shadow's door. Sarah gripped his arm from behind him. "Sonic, don't—"

Too late.

Sonic was already barging through. "You have the audacity to just throw her out—"

Everything in the room stopped at that moment. Sarah wasn't even sure their hearts were beating anymore. Hers was definitely skipping a few beats.

Red eyes had never glared so cruelly at Sonic—with slits so narrow they were barely seen. Sonic was the same, and Sarah could only sense that having two males in the same room right now with Amy in bed with one of them was a bad mix.