ATL - Jack Barakat

Finding Out Your Best Friend Jack Has A Crush On You...

Y/N

When you first met Jack you thought he was a jerk. But you had been friends with Alex for years and every now and then you'd be forced to hang out with Jack. He was in a band with Alex and they'd practice in Alex's garage which was next door to your house.

Sometimes Alex would invite you over to listen to them play and you had to admit they had some talent and would go far. However, you didn't like Jack's flirty reputation and you tried your hardest to ignore him when he'd try and hit on you.

However, your relationship changed out of the blue one day. Alex was supposed to give you a lift home after school but had a last minute emergency that left you stranded without a ride. You didn't mind walking home until the heavens opened up and you realised you didn't have an umbrella or anything to stop the rain attacking you.

A familiar car pulls up along the sidewalk and the window rolls down revealing a dry Jack.

"Get in Y/N you're going to get drenched."

This wasn't a side of Jack you'd ever seen before, he sounded too nice which made you suspicious.

"Nah I think I'm good walking, I wouldn't want a repeat of last time I got in a car with you Jack."

Jack groans and shakes his head.

"Seriously one time and you're never going to forgive me."

A few months ago Jack had given you a lift to the mall and had tried to come onto you in the car and you put him straight. Even if he had changed for the better you were stubborn and once you refused to budge then you didn't budge.

"I like the rain, Jack."

You continue walking down the street leaving Jack. The rain continues to get heavier and you struggle to see a few feet in front of you. Then you notice Jack's car creeping alongside you, he still has the window open.

"Please get in Y/N before you catch a cold. I'm not the same person I was a few months ago."

By now your uniform was clinging to your skin and your hair was plastered against your face. You bite your lip and look Jack's car over.

"I'll get the inside of your car wet."

"It will dry, now come on before I change my mind and leave you."

You sigh in defeat and open the car door before sliding into the passenger seat. You hated to admit it but Jack's car was warm and a lot better than standing in the rain.

He pulls away from the sidewalk and the two of you drive in comfortable silence, you both hum along to the radio neither knowing how to start a conversation with the other.

"Can I ask you something Y/N?"

He turns the radio off and you turn to face him before nodding.

"What do you need to ask Jack?"

"How come you're the only girl who can say no to me? I mean all my attempts have failed since the day I first met you. Whereas other girls throw themselves at me."

Okay, that was the last question you expected him to ask. You didn't exactly have a straight answer for him, you heard about his flirty ways and that put you off him. Though you'd never openly admit that you found Jack slightly attractive, Alex did have some very good looking friends.

"Err I guess I heard about your 'ways' and that put me off you. And come on you must know why girls throw themselves at you Jack, no one's that blind."

"Do you think I'm attractive Y/N?"

You can't help but scoff and roll your eyes.

"And there you go again acting like a jerk. And you said you weren't the same person anymore."

"Everyone's allowed one slip up Y/N. Besides I have changed since that day at the mall."

"Okay, what made you change?"

Jack scratches his head with his free hand, why did he suddenly seem nervous?

"You made me change Y/N."

Okay now, this was the second time Jack had taken you by surprise during this car ride.

"What do you mean?"

You were confused by his words, how did you make him change?

"Haven't you seen little changes in me?"

You had noticed little changes in his behaviour over the last few months; firstly he stopped trying to flirt with you and it turned out the two of you had a lot in common and secondly he stopped getting with every girl who battered her false eyelashes at him.

"But how did I change you, Jack?"

"You always treated me like every other guy in school, you never showed me any special treatment and no matter how many times I tried to get with you somehow you managed to talk me down. You're not like every fake bimbo in school."

You bite your lip as you process Jack's words. Did you really treat him that differently? The car came to a stop outside your house, the rain had stopped and now you had to say goodbye after Jack's little confession.

"Did you ever have any feelings for me Y/N?"

You sigh and nod your head, you couldn't lie to him after he'd just confessed everything to you.

"Maybe when I first met you but then you changed."

Jack smiles and next thing you know he's leaning over the divide and kissing you. At first, shock runs through your body but then you relax and realise just why every girl in school wanted Jack because this boy could kiss.

He pulls away the two of you are breathing heavy.

"I really like you Y/N, when you kept turning me down I got with other girls but whenever you'd come over to watch us rehearse I just wanted you to like me."

Butterflies flutter in your stomach at his confession. Jack liked you, as in actually liked you with real feelings and all.

"I like you too Jack."

*10 YEARS LATER*

"So that's the day I told Y/N I had a crush on her..."

The interviewer raised her eyebrows at Jack as she noted something down.

"And you've been together ever since. Damn now that's what you call high school sweethearts."

You can't help but blush as your fiancé tells the interviewer about the day he confessed his feelings to you and vice versa. That day would be etched in your head forever and was definitely a story to tell the children. Alex came up beside you and hugged you.

"How do you think the rest of us feel having to put up with their loovy doovy business y/n?"

You roll your eyes at Alex's comment and chuckle when Jack shoots him a look from in front of the camera.