P!ATD - Brendon Urie

Runner Runner

Y/N

It was hard being the younger sister of the one and only Brendon Urie, yes lead singer of Panic! at the Disco was your big brother who was famous and loved by hundreds. You always felt like your own achievements never matched up to your big brother's success over the last ten years. You were five when he was signed and now at fifteen you still lived in his shadow.

However you got on with him great, you loved his wife Sarah who always spoilt you with shopping trips and the rest of the band treated you like their own little sister and helped you prank your brother. But just for once you wanted someone to take notice of you and tell you well done.

You were a cross-country star at your high school, you rarely lost but you never got to share the success with anyone because they always seemed to be busy. You didn't want to interfere in their famous life's and beg them to come to just one cross country meet, but it would be nice if they took the hints you'd been dropping for the last two years.

The praise of your sports teachers would have to be enough, they came to every race and celebrated with you when you won. Even the rest of your team supported you more than your family and friends, maybe all you needed was them to support you and see you grow with every meet.

Today was another race, however, this one was different because if you won you were going to receive an award for excellence in the sport. It was a big deal but like usual your parents had an excuse not to come and see you run, it looked like you were going to do this alone.

As you lined up with the forty other students from other high schools around the country you dared one last glance at the growing audience. Your eyes widened as you locked eyes with someone familiar, your brother of all people was standing amongst the crowd blending in. He saw you looking and smiled before giving you a thumbs up. Before you could register the start gun went off and you went into running mode.

You started the twenty laps taking your time to pace yourself as not to use too much energy early on in the race. One by one, lap by lap other runners who had gone all out at the start of the race started to slow down leaving you room to break through and take the lead around lap ten.

Looking over your shoulder your next competitor was a few hundred yards behind you giving you some breathing room. You let the fact that your brother was here to support you spur you on, you needed to win the race not just for you but also for him. He had his success and now you wanted to share yours with him.

As you came to the final corner there was no chance of anyone catching up with you. You went all out and sprinted across the finish line to a huge eruption of cheers from all sides. Standing up you took deep breaths to calm your racing heart down. Your sports teacher came up to you with a bottle of water and you happily gulped it down as you waited for the next girl to cross the finish line. It was another good five minutes until that happened and only then did it dawn on you that you'd come first.

"Congratulations little sis, I didn't know how fast you could run."

Brendon came up behind you and hugged you just as you wiped the sweat off you and handed the towel back to your teacher. As happy as you were to see him, you were confused as to why he was here.

"Brendon, what are you doing here? I mean I'm ecstatic that someone's finally come to one of my races, but why today?"

He pulls away and runs his hand through his hair before looking down at his feet, "yeah about that I'm sorry sis. I didn't think you wanted any of us here, you never asked anyway. I went to mum and dad's and they said that you were running, I decided that now was as good as time as any to come and support you. You've been there for me over the years and now I need to make up for not seeing you stand in the spotlight."

You shake your head and drink more water, "I got bored of asking and no one ever showing up so I just stopped making a fuss. Running isn't the same as touring around the world for hundreds of fans. I think mum and dad see this as a hobby I'll grow old of, but I'm really good at running Brendon."

Brendon frowns before pulling you into another hug; you wrap your arms around his waist and rest your head on his chest as he strokes your hair, "you were amazing out there; no one could come close to beating you. This is your passion like music is mine. Can you forgive me for not supporting you more? I will come to every race you do if you let me know, if it's important to you then it should be important to me."

You smile and pull back, "I would love if you came to more of my meets."

"Excuse me miss but are you y/n Urie?"

You turn around to face a woman who smiles at you; she looks in her late twenties.

"Err yes I'm y/n Urie."

Brendon lets you go as you shake her hand.

"I've been watching your career since you started running and I've never seen someone with such natural skill and drive to achieve success. I'm Maria Lowe and I'm the coach for the American Olympics Athletics team, mainly the track events."

Your eyes widen as you take in the information overload. The woman stood in front of you was part of the Olympics coaching team; it had always been a dream of yours to compete one day.

"I've had a word with your high school coach and we both see potential in you. How would you like to come and train and audition for the 2020 Olympic games athletics team Miss Urie?"

You were speechless, this couldn't be happening to someone like you. Running was just a high school sport you didn't see yourself doing once you left. But now you had a once in a lifetime opportunity to possibly compete for America in the future Olympics, this was a dream come true and you couldn't turn it down.

"Wow thank you so much and my answer is yes, this has always been a dream of mine."

Maria laughed, "you'll make a great addition to the team. Now I better talk to your coach before we make anymore arrangements. It was nice meeting you y/n."

You waited until she left to start jumping up and down squealing in front of Brendon who looked shocked.

"My little sister representing America in the Olympics, now that might trump music in our parent's eyes. Congratulations my little runner."

Brendon picks you up and spins you around while you still squeal in excitement as to what had just happened to you.

"I'm so happy you came today Brendon, I wouldn't have wanted to share this moment with anyone else but you. I love you big brother. Will you come and see me run in the Olympics?"

He nods, "I'll be front row chanting your name. I'll break out the glitter and make the best banner anyone's ever seen."

This day couldn't get any better for you. It finally looked like everything was falling into place.