Orphan: 6

I awoke the next morning shifting and shuffling in bed. I felt my waist and Orphan's hands were gone. Last night was the weirdest night I've had in this household by far. Orphan provides me with warmth, but he also begs the question from me. Who the hell is he really?

I sit up and stretch. I get out of bed to handle my usual morning process. After I'm done I exit the bathroom and return to my room. I grab my phone to check any messages or missed calls. Just the main ones from Dad, Cashè, Yiderah, and Arshon. I cleared all of my notifications and went downstairs.

Orphan was sitting down at the table eating breakfast. I looked over at him eating then back at the kitchen. I know he did not...

"Sooo where is--" I start before he cuts me off.

"Your plate is in the microwave. I poured you some apple juice too." He says.

I'm impressed. All of this time of him walking around ignoring me, and he knows my favorite breakfast meal. Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs, Grits, and Bacon. He's earned some major cool points if you ask me. I grab my plate and it was still hot. I take the wrapping off and sit down at the table in front of him. I stare down at the food and it looked delicious.

"Did you cook this?" I look up at him who was slowly eating his food.

"Yes." He answers simply.

"Thank you." I say.

"Welcome." He responds plain again.

What the fuck? "Did I do something wrong?" I ask because he's acting weird again. I thought after last night we made progress.

"No." He says and take the last bite of his biscuit before getting up.

I grab his arm before he could walk away. "Orphan about last night..."

"It shouldn't have happened..." He says pulling his arm away softly. "It won't happen again."

"But you said..."

"I wasn't myself last night. I can't be around you anymore." He says, then shuffles on into the kitchen.

I follow behind him and stand there as he washes his dishes. A pair of hands come over my eyes and I grab the arms of the person doing it.

"Guess who.." Cashè sings into my ear.

"Girl I know your voice." I laugh and turn to hug my sister. "When did you get here?" I ask, pulling away from our embrace.

"Not too long ago. Dad picked me up. I had to surprise you!" She says, hugging me again.

"Well, I'm surprised. " I said, making a shocked face. "Where is Dad?"

"Right here..." He says from behind Cashè. "I know how you get when you are away from each other for too long."

"Yeah and since I'm out on break why not come home?" She smiles.

Orphan walks past us brushing my arm in the process. I look over at him as he walks up the stairs. What did I do so wrong?

"Bud are you alright?" Dad asks Orphan as he stomps up the stairs.

Orphan's door slams and I flinch a bit. That had some force behind it.

"What's going on with him today?" Dad mumbles to himself. "Jahod what did you do this time?"

"Me wha-- Now why do I have to be the problem?" I say, defensively.

"Just a hunch..." Dad says, squinting his eyes.