Orphan: 10

I pack up my things and exit from out of the classroom. As the bell rung for us to leave, I was beyond annoyed today for some reason. I made my way to my locker and began cleaning it out. Graduation is soon. I figured I would start my cleaning process because once our last day hits I have no time to return back to this school. I open up my locker and start to grab the various clumps of paper out. I pull the nearby trashcan up next to my locker and discard this waste of a school year into it.

I spot Yiderah and Arshon walking up to my locker. Honestly, I didn't feel like talking to them. I just put up with my annoying ass friends because even if I cuss them out they're gonna be mad for 5 minutes and be back talking to me.

"J-note..." Arshon says, holding his hand out for a dap but I diss him by looking at it.

"You didn't wake up next to me this morning..." Arshon says, putting his hand down.

"Jahod." Yiderah says, tapping my shoulder.

"Yiderah." I say, collectively.

"So you don't see us?" She points between her and Arshon.

I sigh. "Trying not to."

She gasps. "Excuse me..." She shuts my locker and I glare at her. "Umm Best friend?"

I hate this bitch. "Move Yadi." I push the trashcan back towards the wall and begin to walk off.

They trail behind me. "Why you so grumpy today?"

Arshon laughs. "Everyday."

I look at him and roll my eyes. "I'm not grumpy."

"Sure you aren't. " Yiderah opens the door and we all walk out of the school.

"Where is Orphan?" She looks all around.

I shrug. "Don't know. Don't care. I haven't seen him in three weeks."

"Where he went?" Arshon asks.

"Didn't I just say I don't know?" I respond back.

"Okay. We gonna have to take this attitude of yours, wrap that bitch back up, and send it back to the angry factory it came from..." Yiderah says, playing with her hands.

I'm honestly not mad.

Arshon burst out laughing. "I like that. I'm going to use it one day." He high fives her and I walk ahead of their daffy duck asses.

They catch up to me once again...

"No but for real Jahod. Something must've happened between you two?" Yiderah prys.

"We got into a slight disagreement. Nothing major." I admit.

"You really need to get out of the house. Are you coming with us to the carnival Saturday. We been talking about it since last month." Arshon asks.

"Maybe." I simply say.

We cross the street approaching where they live. "Where Rallo been?" Arshon suddenly asks.

"Come to think of it. I haven't seen him either." I answer back.

That is strange.

"It's not like him to disappear without popping up on you first." Yiderah says.

She's right. "I don't know y'all. My nerves is bad. Wait a minute..."

"What?" They both stop and say.

"It is like him to just disappear. You tried it. Girl, you tried it." I say, resuming walking.

We reach the top of their street. "Well just hit us up later when you get your mind right." Arshon says. I wave them off and continue walking.