Orphan: 8

* Jahod in MM*

           I marvel at the sight in front of me. I couldn't believe what I what was looking at. It was very much real but the scariest part was every single detail was right here. I looked over to Orphan and he was staring off. I wanted some words to escape my mouth but they couldn't... If things weren't freaky before they just got even more freakier. It's something about this that seems so.....right. I feel safe here. I feel comforted. I knew this would be a place of significance..

         Orphan grabbed my hand and pulled me forward with him. I finally opened my mouth to speak." Uh you don't think I'm gonna go there with you do you?" I pull my hand back.

" Yes... " He responds.

          " No... " I shake my head. " Black people don't do things like this. "

" In order to feel the rush you have to step closer. " He says.

     look at him skeptically. " Okay. "

          I begin to walk forward slowly towards the cliff. He held my hand and we both look over at the moonlight shining over the water and rocks. I looked down at the water splashing against the rocks. It was serene in a way. There was a gentle breeze in the air. I closed my eyes and let my hair blow away.

" Peaceful isn't it? " Orphan asks letting go of my hand.

          " Yes..." I say, raising my hands to receive the wind.

" Good. " I hear Orphan say as he pushes me over the edge of the cliff.

          I open my eyes and see myself falling to a horrible frigid death. My body twists around to see Orphan with a sinister smile spread across his face. How could he do this to me? He pushed me off a cliff to my death. Damn that hurts. A tear drops out of my eye and I crash into the water...

     My body jolts up in the bed. My breathing was uncontrollable and I was covered in sweat again. I rubbed my hands through my hair and down my face trying to control my heart rate. That dream was a bad omen and all too real. I sighed and threw the covers off of me. What was that all about? Then, I thought did last night even happen? Shit! Everything is confusing the hell out of me. I stand up from the bed, and go to the restroom. I splash some water on my face, and grab my towel to dry it off.

" Look who's up... " Cashè smirks, standing behind me.

     " I had the weirdest dream. Rallo came over, Orphan and I talked, and I cursed you out. " I tell her.

She looks at me crazy. " Hmm. Two of those things happened. "

     " What do you mean? " I ask.

" Well... " She walks in the bathroom. " After you and Dad had your little argument about Orphan we did get into it. You stormed off to your room, and you didn't come out. Rallo came over but you were sleep so he had to go. As for Orphan he hasn't been home all morning. "

     " Really? " I ask.

" Yep. " She says popping the p. She walks off and I stare into the mirror. I am losing my mind. I've been so focused on Orphan I've been neglecting my friends. I'm over it. It's going to always be in the back of my mind but I won't press on it any longer..

     I brush my teeth and handle my bathroom duties before exiting. I go off into my room to find an outfit. This is the last month of school until graduation. I decide to put on some black joggers, and a plain white shirt. I sprayed on some cologne and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I would've gone for the nappy look but who really cares. I feel rough today.