Orphan: 28

*Yiderah P.O.V*

     I called Jahod for the billionth time since I have woke up this morning. He hasn't responded to my texts or calls. I knew the reception would be shitty but damn is it that bad? I tossed my phone off to the side and began to play in my hair. My mom busted into my room causing me to jump up...

" Ma! " I shouted, she almost gave me a heart attack. " Knocking is nonexistent these days? "

     " Oh hush girl. Put on some shoes so you can walk to the store with me. " She demanded.

" Why don't you drive. I'm tired. " I responded, laying back down.

     " Because God gave you two legs to walk so use them. This is why so many Americans are fat because they don't believe in walking six minutes to the store. "

I groaned. " Are you ready now? "

     " Yes. " She smiled.

     I stood to my feet and went into my bathroom to do my hair right quick. Once I placed it in a cute ponytail after ten or so minutes I was finally ready. I went into the hallway and stood at the top of the stairs waiting for my mama to come out of her room. I walked down my stairs into the kitchen and opened up the refrigerator. I looked inside as my stomach rumbled lowly. I pulled out a Chinese food box. I opened it up and debated on if I wanted to reheat it but decided against it. I tossed that shit out.

      " Ma. I'm ready to go! " I yelled, walking back to the stairs. She didn't respond so I groaned loudly and went back towards the kitchen. When I walked in something seemed different. A quick breeze rushed past my body as I shook a little bit. I started to smell something really putrid coming from somewhere in the kitchen.

     I went over towards the sink, and picked up a few of the dirty dishes sniffing to see was that the cause of the smell. It was only four dishes in the sink, so that eliminated that theory. I walked around the kitchen sniffing because I know that smell wasn't just in here. Something led me towards the fridge again. I opened it up and was pounced with a horrifying odor. All of the food in the fridge had molded and turned color. I shut the fridge door and went to the stairs.

     " Mama! The food has spoiled and it stinks down here sis. " I yelled out but got no response. The hallway light cut on as I stood at the bottom of the stairs waiting.

      She still hadn't walked into view

      She still hadn't walked into view. I squatted on the stairs when my phone began to ring. I looked at the screen seeing it was my mother calling me. I rolled my eyes because she's right upstairs. I answered the phone for her.