Orphan: Epilogue

*Orphan P.O.V*

     I pulled myself out of the water holding Jahod's lifeless body in my arms. The water dripped off of us as I wearily walked towards shore. I collapsed on the ground laying his body down softly. I sat next to him bringing my knees to my chest. My head fell into my arms as tears released themselves. My chest heaved heavily as I glanced over at his body. He looked like he was sleeping peacefully..

      " Jahod forgive me. " I cried falling to his side. " You're just sleeping baby. " I laid my head onto his chest attempting to listen for a heartbeat but in the end it was futile. I just laid there on him hoping that his fingers would raise to caress my hair. I couldn't feel anything. There was no connection between us anymore. It hurts the most knowing I may have lost him.

     I closed my eyes feeling tired from all of the fighting and running. I just want it all to end. I knew If I wanted I had the ability to stop my own heart from beating. I turned on my back looking at the clear night sky. The sounds of the waves crashing in the distance made it much more peaceful. I looked at Jahod's face reaching to grab his hand in mines.

     I sighed heavily shutting my eyes. My thumb circulated his cold palms as I focused all of my pressure onto my heart. I could feel my heart fate slowly down as I squeezed the life out of myself slowly. More and more I could see the light surrounding earth begin to fade away as I was succumbing to darkness. I could see a figure appear over me. I guess it was the Angel of death finally coming to relinquish me.

     I felt a hand rubbing my forehead tenderly. I opened my eyes slowly feeling a overwhelming sense of warmth. I cradled the hand that nestled itself onto my skin. My eyes fluttered seeing an apparition standing over me. For some reason I couldn't see the hovering body clearly. My sight was blurred heavily.

" Now why would you go and do something dumb like that? " I hear a familiar voice say.

     " Baby? " I said weakly trying to open my eyes fully.

" This isn't the way to go. Your work isn't finished. " Jahod's voice hummed to my eardrums.

     " I'm lost without you Jahod. " I began to whimper. " Why couldn't you hold on longer? " I ask as there was silence filling my ears yet again. Maybe I was just hallucinating.

I felt a large amount of water slam onto my face causing me to raise up. I spit and coughed out the water looking around confused. " Good you're up! " Jahod says, tossing the sand pail he found.

     I rose to my feet looking down at my body. " Am I dead? " I asked stepping towards him. " Am I finally with you? " I attempted to cradle his face but he stepped back.

" No you're not dead. " He sassed. " You have much more to take care of. My time was up. " He said, sadly. His eyes averted to his body laying on the ground. " Leave it to me to get myself in this mess. "

     " Jahod I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen. " I stated, tearfully. " I loved you so much. I'm going to get you back. "

" I don't know if I want to come back. I'm at peace. I can't leave without assuring you are at peace as well. " He says.

     " No. I won't accept that. We didn't have time. Everything was stacked against us. I finally found happiness with you. Why won't you let me love you Jahod? " I fell to my knees. My heart ached knowing I'd caused this.

     I felt a heavy hand fall onto my shoulder. I jumped to my feet turning around seeing two blinding headlights blocking my view. I raised my hand covering my eyes to see who was behind the lights. I felt rage spread through my body as I saw his face. " You! "