Orphan: 34

*Orphan P

*Orphan P.O.V*

I laid next to Jahod as his head rested upon my chest. I ran my fingers through his curly hair slowly. I hate feeling powerless to help him in his time of need. I was entrusted to look over him, and I'm doing a terrible job of it so far. Jahod is the only thing I care about. He is my friend, and my soul mate. I'm beginning to feel myself slip more and more away with each breath. I started off a cold shell of a person until he opened me up to love.

He fidgeted and moved around in his sleep. He rolled over removing his head from my chest facing the side opposite from me. I placed both of my hands behind my head and stared up at the ceiling. I'm grateful for getting the chance to open up to Jahod. I can't help but feel guilty about all that has happened to him. He's been targeted so much over the months because of his father's sins. I needed a life to cling to to save my own, but I didn't plan on falling in love with the boy whose life I was supposed to claim once he turned eighteen.

Over time Jahod became a protective shield for me. Each incident that occurred while he was around made it possible for me to walk away partially unscathed. I looked over at Jahod's curtain. I raised my snapped my fingers causing them to slid open slowly. I flicked my index finger up and down causing the blinds to open up. The night sky was luminous in the room. The moon seemed to be settled right in front of the window. The light radiating from the moon shined through the curtains upon my face.

I looked at the time seeing it was 10PM. I looked over at Jahod still moving around his sleep. He was mumbling something erratic. He turned onto his back turning his head side to side repetitively. I could see the sweat covering his forehead. I sat up and pulled the which layer of cover from over him. " No. No don't leave me. " He muttered. I stared at him as he whimpered lowly.

I hovered my body over him. I raised his shirt a bit, and placed my head onto his chest. His heart was beating rapidly as if he was enveloped in a nightmare which he couldn't escape. Basically our everyday ritual. I raised up and placed one hand on his head and one over his heart. My hand was covered in liquid, but for him I didn't care. I closed my eyes and began to close my palm over his chest. I basically slowly squeezing his heart to slow it down, but my hand on his head would be transferring his pain to me. That would be like a minor headache to me.

I had to be careful not to apply pressure onto his aorta or he would stop breathing. I could see the dark grime come out of his body crawling it's way into me. I'm immune to a lot of things, so this will be perfectly fine. I fell to the side of him as his fidgeting came to a halt. I scooted close to him pulling him close to my body. I threw my arm over his stomach, and laid my head onto his chest. His hand found its way onto my head as it writhed with pain. This will only be temporary.

I closed my eyes after glancing at the clock again 11:23PM. I closed my eyes falling fast asleep to the sound of Jahod's beating heart. I drifted deeper into my subconscious state. Images started to flash forward like lightning. I found myself dreaming which was a new feeling for me because I'm used to only seeing darkness. I knew that the link between Jahod and I was what's causing this. It's basically as if I'm watching his dream play out in my head.