Orphan: 20

*A particular scene in the MM 😏.*

     As we pulled out of the driveway I looked back at what I called my home. I have grown so accustomed to living with this family that I really don't want to leave. I had to respect Dad's wishes in him wanting me to leave their home. I'm not what people make me out to be. I am a good person at least I want to believe so. I never wanted to cause this much commotion for anyone, but it's simply beyond my control.

     " I'm sorry it has to be this way. " Dad says, still focused on the road.

" Why do I have to go? I've done nothing wrong. " I asked.

     " Bud it's much more to it than that. You were seen in your most vulnerable form. You can't contain yourself like I thought. The fact that you put my son... "

" I didn't put him in anything he wasn't a willing participant for. " I snapped, and the tires stopped as the car slid to a shoulder of the road.

     Dad looked around to see was anyone around or watching. He was panting heavily, and sat back in his seat wiping the newly formed sweat. " You can't be getting angry like this. "

" I'm sorry. " I said, looking back out of the window. I rolled my eyes as the car started back up immediately.

    He sighed and pulled back onto the road. " I was saying Bud. You are growing too much of an attachment to my son. I told you to control your emotions around people. I am not completely oblivious to the relationship you two have formed. "

" There isn't one. " I admitted. " I have tried to protect him, and he doesn't want my help. "

     " I gave you medicine to control your abilities. I gave you a room in my house with white walls for you to spread your murals all over. I gave you a release from your previous life. What have I gotten in return? "

" Me not killing the entire family. I have kept Nephir at bay. I have shielded Jahod from much more than you could imagine Dad. "

     " Hmm. " He mumbled. " I suppose you have, but you knew you were supposed to remain hidden. The only reason all of these things are happening is because the use of your abilities have become more active. They have become more active because of why? "

" Jahod. "

    He snaps his fingers. " Bingo! "

     I don't say anything further. We went back to riding in silence. Wherever we were going was a long drive because we were on the road for an hour or so. I eventually fell asleep. When I opened my eyes again we were at some type of store. I looked around, and Dad was coming back out from the place with two containers in his hands. He opened the car door and got in. He started to dig into the bags, and handed me a container reeking of food.

     We sat and ate for a while. The silence between us was unbearable. I didn't know the words to say first, so I remained quiet. " What's the extent of your relationship with my son? "

I swallowed my food and started to play around in it thinking of a nice enough answer. " I like him. I-I love him. "

     " Have you two? "

" No... " I quickly shake my head. " He doesn't see me in that manner. "

     " Oh okay... " He gets quiet again. " You basically know how all of this is going to play out don't you? ".