Evidence

Demi's POV

It was the end of the work day and I was now sitting at home, staring at my computer screen, waiting for Nick to get off work. I tried calling, to see where he was, or when he would be leaving work, but there was no answer. I set my phone down, and continued to stare at the computer, as my mind slowly started to drift off.

Flashback

It had been a few weeks since Nick and I had called our relationship quits, and instead of me moving on, I was still having just as hard of a time as I did the first few days. As I sat at work, now on the new floor level, away from Nick, I looked at the huge stacks of paperwork that slowly piled up. I reached over to look at what I needed to do next, when my phone went off. It was a text message, and it was from Wilmer. I let out a deep sigh. Things between Wilmer and I have been pretty weird. I suspected that he was now trying to get in a relationship with Olivia, or was up to something with Delta. I really wasn't sure, but I had my suspicious. Mostly because when I was stopping by Wilmer's house, I saw them outside talking. I never really asked any questions, instead I just let it go. Now, as I stared down at my phone, I wondered what Wilmer even wanted. I clicked on his text, and opened up text history.

Wilmer: Hi, Dem, I need to talk to you. It's pretty important. Please call me.

I read over Wilmer's text a few times and then finally decided to call him. I really did care about Wilmer and I wanted him to be happy. I waited for him to answer and once he did he sounded weird. It kind of concerned me.

"Demi? Demi are you alone?" He asked in a low voice.

"Uh.. yah..what's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked as I hunched down a little, and spoke softly into the phone.

"I need to talk to you about something important, but not like this. I don't know who's listening," He continued to say in a whisper.

"What do you mean you don't know who's listening. Wilmer, I am alone," I said confused.

"No, I mean on the phone. Look, I'll explain later, just please can I meet you or can you come over. It has to be today," He said almost as if he was worried.

"Wilmer, "

"Demi, please," he begged.

"Ok, ok...I can come over after work," I said as I looked up at the clock to see that I would be off in a few hours.

"That works.. I will see you then, bye, Demi," Wilmer quickly said as he clicked off the phone.

When I heard Wilmer click off the phone, I pulled it away from my ear and looked at it. What the hell was that? What did he need to talk to me about? If this was about our relationship or anything to do with getting back together, I really couldn't handle that right now. However, he did say that he couldn't say whatever he needed to say on the phone because he didn't know who was listening? Why would anyone be listening in on my phone call? I shook my head and set the phone down and tried not to think about it anymore. I picked up my stacks of paperwork on the desk, and began to sort them out, based on what I had to do next.

The next few hours quickly passed by and before I knew it, I was finally getting off work. I grabbed my stuff and quickly grabbed a cab over to Wilmer's house. He must have been waiting for me because as I was walking up the steps to his place, he pulled open the door, and told me to hurry inside.

"What is going on with you? Why are you acting so weird?" I asked him after he quickly slammed the door shut.

"I need to talk to you about something. Please, come sit down," He said as he grabbed my arm and led me over to the couch. I took a seat and just watched as he slowly began to pace back and forth.