Egotistical Bastard

At some point last night, Marissa found me curled up in a ball by the door. She woke me up and helped me into bed. It was now the next morning and I was a mess. My eyes were swollen from how hard I was crying, and I had the worst headache. I sat up and reached for my phone on my nightstand, thinking I would try to call Wilmer one last time, but naturally, he didn't bother to pick up. I decided to just go ahead and leave a message.

"Hey Wil, it's me, Dem. I was just calling to see if we could talk. I really hate how we left things last night. It was never my intention to bail on our plans. I didn't know I was going to have to be working this weekend. Baby, please call me. I don't want this to be the end of the road for us. I love you so much. I will try calling again once I land in Europe. I hope you answer. Please don't give up on us. I love you, Wil, and I am so sorry."

I clicked off the phone and threw it down somewhere on my bed. I stood up and quickly got dressed because Mr. Jonas' car would be arriving shortly.

Once I was finished getting ready, I made my way down to the front steps of my apartment building and waited for my driver. I stood there, with my luggage, sipping my skinny vanilla latte with my arm crossed. If I had to be quite honest, I really wasn't in the mood to be dealing with Mr. Jonas today, let alone be stuck with him on a whole flight to Europe. However, there was something about him that me desire his presence. Maybe some quality time together would be good. Who knows, maybe I'll learn something about the man. Just then a black SUV pulled up taking me away from my thoughts.

"Miss Lovato, I presume?" The driver said while swiftly making his way around the car towards my luggage. I nodded in agreeance and went to grab my things. "Oh, no, Miss. I've got it. You go ahead and get settled. We will be meeting Mr. Jonas shortly," he said while picking up my luggage and lifting it into the trunk.

I made my way inside of the SUV, and checked my phone one last time to see if Wilmer had responded. Nope, nothing. I sighed and slammed my phone down in annoyance just as the driver was getting into the car. He quickly adjusted his seat, put on his seatbelt, and started the car.

We made it to the airport in a record time of about fifteen minutes. As we were pulling up, we continued to drive on the runway. I was confused until finally we pulled up to a private jet. "Of course he has his own private jet," I said just as the driver was making his way over to open my door. He just chuckled and told me that Mr Jonas was waiting for me inside. I grabbed my purse and slowly made my way up the ramp.

Once inside, I was taken back at how fancy it was. I have never been apart of this lifestyle before, so all of this was new to me. As I walked further inside the plane, Mr. Jonas appeared.

"Ah, Miss Lovato, please have a seat," he said with his ultimate sexy grin. God he had a smile that made me go weak in the knees that's for sure. I happily obeyed and suddenly forgot all of the reasons on why I wasn't looking forward to my time with him.

The plane finally took off at around 9 am, and we were expected to be in London by around 8pm, so needless to say, it was going to be a long day.

"So Mr. Jonas, how often do you get to come to Europe?" I asked with the intent of finding out some kind of information, but he just ignored me and continued to type away on his phone. "Where is one of your favorite places to travel? Do you get to travel to any super amazing places?" I continued to ask, trying to make small talk, but all I got was a quick glance and then he went straight back down to typing away on that phone of his. "Anything interesting on that-"

"Miss. Lovato. I am trying to take care of business. I do not have time to simply sit around and chat all day long. Some of us actually have things to do," he said while quickly standing to his feet and walking towards a private, closed-off room.