What Did I Sign Up For?

Mr. Jonas' POV

I was back at JoCo office today to see if my new Personal Assistant was capable of accomplishing a simple task. I looked down at my watch and silently read the time, "5:35." She has twenty five minutes before one of two things happen. She either completes her list of requirements and I applaud her, or she fails, which I imagine is what will happen, and I am forced to fire her. Regardless, I was going to have to see this, Ms. Lovato real soon.

As time ticked away, I stood up, looked out my window, and stared down at the city. This really was a gorgeous view. I wish I was able to stick around a bit more. Oh well, maybe one day, I thought to myself, but was soon interrupted by a 'ding' on my computer. I turned around to look at my screen. Hmm... interesting, she completed all of the requirements. I was now impressed. Guess it is time to meet this, Ms. Lovato, and see what I am working with here. I turned back around and continued to gaze out my window while I waited for her to make her way up.

A few minutes passed, and I could hear someone walking down the hallway in what sounded like a pair of heels. Whoever it was, I assume, Ms. Lovato, stopped just short of my office. It was silent for a few seconds, and then finally, there was a knock.

"Ahem, excuse me," she quietly spoke in a hesitant voice. I could sense how nervous she was, and I wasn't even looking at her. She sounded so young.

"Come in, Ms. Lovato, I have been waiting for you, I plainly said. I took a deep breath, removed my hands from my pockets, and began to turn around to speak to her. As I turned around my eyes met hers, and we both spoke in unison.

"You"

We both quickly diverted our eyes with a coy smile on our faces. It was her, the girl from the nightclub who I bumped into. The one I haven't been able to keep off my mind. I quickly refocused and knew I had to be professional. Not to mention, my girlfriend, Olivia, wouldn't be too thrilled with me ogling over this chick. Besides, I had a reputation to uphold here.

"Ms. Lovato," I said firmly. "You managed to complete all of your assigned tasks, and I must say, I am very impressed by your work ethic. There are not very many people who have been able to complete all that you have in just this short amount of time." I paused before I continued once more and began to think to myself. God, She was beautiful. The way she was staring at me and hanging onto my every word. She looked so pure and innocent. I could feel my lips beginning to grow dry. I licked them as I slyly looked down at her legs. I began imagining what it would be like to run my my finger tips up and down their smooth surface. My eyes began to shift up towards that dress of hers. The way it clung to her body, showing off her gorgeous set of curves. I could feel myself getting turned on, and growing harder by the second. I quickly cleared my throat, looked back up into her eyes, and continued once more. "So with that said, you will be coming with me to Europe for a conference. We will be leaving tomorrow, and will be returning on Wednesday. I will have a car waiting for you outside of your apartment at eight o'clock sharp. That will be all. You may exit the way you came," I said as I turned back around to face the window and waited for her to leave my office.

Demi's POV

As Mr. Jonas was talking, I just stared at him in Awe. I cannot fathom what exactly was happening right now. My mysterious man is really my boss? This beautiful, gorgeous man is the one everyone is so scared of? Why? He looks so sweet, and perfect. Not to mention, he is incredibly easy on the eyes. I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts when Mr. Jonas said we would be leaving tomorrow for Europe, and that there would be a car picking me up at eight o'clock. I sat there, taken back at how insensitive he was sounding. Especially since it appeared he had little concern as to whether or not I already had plans. I sat there for a moment contemplating what to say next.

"Did you say tomorrow? Tomorrow as in, Saturday," I asked with a concerned, questionable voice. He turned back around to face me once again with an expression that said, "seriously?"

"That is correct, we leave at eight o'clock sharp. Make sure you are ready. I do not have time to sit around and wait for you," he harshly responded.

"But-"

"Is this going to be a problem? I can find someone who has time for this job, and everything that comes with it." He said bluntly, while giving me a pierced look with his eyes.

"No, it will not be a problem. I will be there," I quietly said in a sad tone, and abruptly made my way out of the office. I quickly turned to go down the hall. I was so upset that I was practically in tears. God, what an asshole. He truly believes that just because he is one of the richest men in New York City, that he rules the world. He has no respect for other people. It is his way, or no way. I hate people like that. I was so upset. By now I was off the elevator, and making my way through the revolving doors to haul a cab. Before getting in, I glanced back behind me and shifted my eyes up towards the top of JoCo. I sure hope this is worth it. I thought to myself as I turned back around, got into the cab, and pulled out my phone.

"Shit. Fifteen missed phone calls from Wilmer, great. He is not going to be happy," I said under my breath. I quickly checked my text messages, and they were of course all from Wilmer regarding our romantic getaway. We were supposed to be leaving in an hour, but now I am going to have to call him and tell him that I will not be able to go. I was so disappointed. My heart began to sink in my chest. I stared down at my phone that fumbled between my fidgety fingers, and hesitantly pushed Wilmer's name on my contact list. I slowly held the phone to my ear.

"Hey, Baby! I am almost ready I am just picking up a few last minute things and then I will be at your apartment," Wilmer said excitedly.

" Wilmer, I-" I began to speak, but he quickly cut me off.

" Demi, baby, we are going to have so much fun. You are going to love everything that I have planned out for us. I cannot wait to spend the weekend with you. This is exactly what we need. I just hope we make it out of the hotel room," he said with a chuckle.

I could feel a tear trickle down my cheek. I wiped it away, cleared my throat, and spoke.

"Wilmer, I cannot go with you this weekend. I know we have been waiting so long for this, and we have been so excited, but Mr. Jonas is making me attend a conference with him in Europe this-"

"Seriously, Demi. You are ditching me for your boss? We have had this planned out for months now. You cannot just bail on us. If you choose work over me, then I am done. I will walk away." Wilmer said in a scolding voice, practically yelling at me.

" Wilmer, I just started this job. Mr. Jonas said if I miss this conference, then he will find someone else to do the job. Babe, you know how hard I have worked for -" I paused and pulled the phone away from my ear when I heard the dial tone on the other end, realizing that Wilmer hung up on me. I quickly tried calling him back. The phone rang and rang, but he did not pick up. I left him countless voicemails and text messages, but they all went unreturned. At this point I was in tears as I made my way up to my apartment. I walked in, shut the door behind me, and collapsed to the ground. My back was up against the wall, and my head fell between my legs. This was not what I signed up for... I thought to myself as the tears flowed freely down my cheeks.