Be Discreet

Demi's POV

I crossed the street, and headed back towards my groceries that were scattered all over the sidewalk, just outside of the market. I bent down, picked up my bags, and then decided to head back to the parking structure where my car was located. I set the bags on the back seat, and then made my way inside the car. I sat there for a minute, let out a deep sigh, and then leaned my head back on the head rest. My mind began to race. Who the fuck was taking those pictures, and how did they know how to find me? What do they even want? I did what they asked, so why are they still following me? I shook my head, and sat up straight. I started the car, and then made my way back to Wilmer's place.

Just as I was walking inside, my phone started to buzz. I looked down to see who it was. It was Mr. Jonas. I rolled my eyes, and just let it go straight to voicemail. I really did not want to deal with him right now. I was too overwhelmed with the thought of who I should even tell about those pictures. I set the groceries down on the counter, in the kitchen, and then looked at my phone. I had one new voicemail. I sighed, clicked play, and then brought the phone up to my ear.

"Demi, I really wish that you would talk to me. When I ran into you outside today you said that you shouldn't be talking to me, what does that mean? Did something happen with Wilmer? Did I do something wrong?" (long pause) "Listen, I know that you and I have had our differences in the last couple of weeks, but I firmly believe that you are the right person for this job. Ever since the hospital, I realized that I haven't met anyone in a very long time that I have truly connected with. Someone who I just trust. I trust you, and I need to have trust in those I work with. Please reconsider. I will do anything to make this right."

I took the phone down from my ear, and slowly walked over to the couch. I sat down, and set the phone down on the table in front of me. I sat there, while my legs danced with anticipation. I got lost in my thoughts, as my mind ran a million miles a minute. As I sat there, with my leg shaking, and my teeth gnawing at my fingertips, I thought all about Wilmer, Mr. Jonas, and those pictures. Wilmer was encouraging me to go back to work, and I really wanted to. I really did connect well with Mr. Jonas. However, on the other hand, I don't want to go through life, stressed. I don't want to live in fear, or worry about if something is going to be happening. I don't want to worry about if I will be blackmailed again or if my boyfriend, my family, or future job will be blackmailed, too. I really did not know what to do. I was going crazy. I couldn't take it anymore. I picked up my phone, and looked at the time. I still had about three hours until Wilmer would be home from work. I stood there for a minute, and then went to my contact list on my phone. I scrolled down to a few names, and then paused as I stared at the number on the screen. I looked up to the ceiling, and then back down to my phone. I pushed on the name, and then held the phone up to my ear, listening as it rang. The person on the other end picked up.

"Demi?" He said quietly.

"Mr. Jonas, we need to talk. Can you please meet me at my place in about an hour and a half? I promise It will be brief," I said as I grabbed the keys, and my purse off of the counter.

"Why don't you just stop by the office?" He asked.

"I cant. Can you please come to my place? I will explain everything when you get here," I said as I waited eagerly for an answer.

"I will be there in twenty," he said after a short pause.

I clicked off the phone, and then ran out to my car. Once the car was started, I quickly drove home, and made myself more presentable for Mr. Jonas. After I was ready, I sat on the couch with the package sitting on the table. I'm not sure if this was the right thing to do, but I needed to tell someone. I sat there as my anxiety slowly built up. I began biting my fingernails as I waited for Mr. Jonas. Just after I started to get impatient, there were three knocks on the door. I quickly got up, and maneuvered over to the door. I opened it, and saw Mr. Jonas standing there. He smiled up at me, but I just looked away.