Pilot

(This is one of my fanfic stories about a girl named Sam who meets the childish, arrogant, egotistical Tony Stark. At first, she thinks that the summer, or at least two weeks, is going to be filled with jokes, pranks, and a good time. Until, that is, one of Stark's enemies gets in the way of their summer. If you like this book please comment, vote, and follow me! I do write a couple other fanfics so if that is a genre that you enjoy then please check out my other stories. Love you guys! And please read and enjoy!
~~~~~ LL2z)

  With the music blaring in the background, I sat down on my floor and leaned my back against the bed behind me. Turning my attention back to the music, I reached my hand out until my fingers brushed against the knob of the radio. I turned the volume until it was blaring so that the classic rock music would echo throughout the halls of the home. The reason for having my music up so loud was just to annoy Mr. Warren because he was on my hit list.
  For one, he had me sit down and go through my school bag to empty it out and organize everything inside. This wouldn't be such a big deal if he wasn't such a prick about it. Of course, he wanted everything in its own little pile, and if there were notebooks that still had empty pages he wanted me to reuse it so he could save money. The cheapskate. 
  Then there was the real reason that I was upset. Mr. Warren called in today to the adoption center and spoke specifically about me. That was the third time this week! Alright, I should probably explain a little more. I lived with the Warren family - had now for a little over a year. It was Mrs. Warren's idea to adopt me from my previous foster home. They wanted a kid but quickly realized that a fifteen-year-old girl with an attitude was probably not the best option for them. I was sixteen now and probably had more of an attitude. So, it probably was my fault that Mr. Warren couldn't handle me anymore and decided to pass me off to be someone else's but that didn't mean I had to like it!
  "Sam, turn that music down!" a rough, harsh voice echoed through the hall - Mr. Warren. 
  Although, I wasn't giving to give in that quickly, "Say please!"
  "Samantha!" his tone turned sharper with fury.
  With a sigh, I reached over to the radio and reluctantly turned the radio down. I hated it when people called me my full name. Still, a small smirk pulled at my lips, knowing I had gotten under his skin. Except, the sly expression quickly fell when I heard the man continuing his chat in the hallway. 
  Curiosity got the better of me so I crawled over to my bedroom door and crept out into the hallway. Mr. Warren was still feet away from me around the corner so I snuck closer in order to hear the conversation. Was it eaves-dropping? Yes. Did the conversation just so happen to be about me? I actually had no idea but I assumed so! This gave me some right to listen in on the conversation.
  Until I finally heard, "Yeah, this is Jared," Mr. Warren stated. The conversation sounded pretty one-sided since I couldn't hear the person on the other end of the call. "Uh-huh... That's great. Yeah... Thank you, I can tell her. I'm sure she'll like that idea," the man answered. When he was satisfied with the call, we finally hung up. 
  As soon as I noticed him turn around, I leaped backward unnoticeably and snuck back into the hall so he couldn't see me. Realizing I wasn't going to make it to my bedroom in time, I bolted into the bathroom and decided to hide there for a few moments.
  Then Jared called out, "Sam?"
  Which made me open the door to the bathroom inconspicuously with an innocent grin gleaming in my eyes as I connected my gaze with the man and murmured, "Huh?"
  "Do you know who your aunt is?" Mr. Warren wondered with interest. 
  Except, I just raised my eyebrow, "I have an aunt?" Although, I wasn't completely ignorant when it came to the topic of family. I knew I had an aunt but I didn't know much about her. I remembered meeting her when I was younger but I was too little to be able to picture her in my mind. The only thing I really recalled was the woman always very busy - being a businesswoman and all. Not that I knew exactly what she did. 
  "Mm-hm," he only hummed, "You're meeting her tomorrow." 
  This instantly took me by surprise as I exclaimed, "Woah, tomorrow?!"
  Mr. Warren's face never shifted from his nonchalant, 'I-don't-care' expression as he grumbled out a, "Yeah." 
  Still in shock, I questioned, "Do I have to pack and everything?"
  Now he just seemed bored with the conversation as he repeated, "Yeah." 
  Which kind of ticked me off. A lot actually, as I muttered, "Thanks for the heads-up." Then I turned around and headed back to my bedroom. I probably should've been more prepared for leaving this place because I knew it was coming but I didn't expect it so soon. Especially not as soon as tomorrow. Thinking about it made my heart start to pound in my chest with angst. I wasn't used to meeting new people all that much and I was actually a really shy person. Especially when I realize that I'm going to meet someone as important as my aunt. A woman that used to be in my childhood but lost connection along the way. 
  Trying to get my mind off of the anxious events that were going to happen tomorrow, I turned on some music and began to pack. Of course, I didn't have a lot of stuff so packing shouldn't be a big deal or take that long. I packed everything except for the outfit that I was going to wear tomorrow - a shirt, a denim jacket, some shorts, and my converse. 
  "Sam! Supper's ready," Mrs. Warren interrupted. So I slipped my phone in case of emergency - a super awkward dinner where no one talks or brings up something that no one wishes to talk about - and trekked into the kitchen. 
  The dining room was already set up with plates and such, all Mrs. Warren had to do was throw some food on the plates and we could eat. So, all I had to do was sit down. The Warrens' had two other boys - adopted of course. Their only chore was to set up the table which was much easier than putting everything away, cleaning up the kitchen, and doing the dishes - which was something that I had to do. They never would admit it, but the Warrens' had a soft spot for the two boys and tended to favor them more than me. Not that I cared.
  Finally, Mrs. Warren - Wendy - came to the table with a bowl of her favorite pasta that her mother showed her how to make. It was her favorite dish ever so I wasn't really surprised that she made it. It might have even been for the special occasion that I was leaving. Everyone sat down at the table as she filled their plates up with pasta and sat down herself to eat.
  At first, all I could do was stare at the food. My stomach was in knots, how was I supposed to eat when my mind was spinning so fast? Tomorrow. It was a big day and my mind liked nothing more than to play scenarios of everything going wrong for my anxiety's amusement. I was more nervous than when I usually got moved around houses. So, the thought of eating just made my appetite seem smaller. 
  "Sam," Mr. Warren snapped, making me jump at the sudden voice. 
  After exchanging glances with the man, I turned back to the food and finally forced myself to eat. The dish wasn't my favorite thing in the world but it wasn't horrible so I didn't find it too hard to finish up the meal. 
  "So, Sam. I heard it's a big day for you tomorrow," Mrs. Warren smiled.
  Although, I just shrugged in hopes that I could brush the conversation off, "Yeah."
  "Have you finished packing?" Mrs. Warren tested.
  "Yep," I mumbled, holding back a sigh of exhaustion. This day was getting to me and tomorrow had me in knots. All I could think about was going to bed and hoping that tomorrow would come by slowly. The encounter with my aunt couldn't go that bad, could it? Not wanting to think about it anymore, I asked, "Can I be excused?"
  Politely, Wendy agreed as she purred, "Sure."
  Taking the opportunity to leave, I dump my plate in the sink and leave - telling myself that I will do the dishes later. Although, when I reach my room, I back a little bit more, and watch tv until my eyelids start to become heavy. It's unusual and looked down upon to watch tv after supper in the Warren house and it's also a big deal if someone doesn't do their chores. Except, since it was my last day, I didn't even think twice about ignoring the rules. With one last yawn, I laid down in my bed and closed my eyes - almost immediately falling asleep. 

(Sorry guys! I'm updating the story because I think it can be a lot better than it is now. So, if one chapter looks like it's written completely different from another it's probably because of editing and I haven't gotten to that chapter yet. Also, apologies if you get a lot of notifications! Be patient, I will try to finish up editing as quick as I can. Also, thank you for all of the love and support of the story!
~~~~~ LL2z)