Breakfast and a Movie

While Tony gave me a small tour of the giant building, the day turned quickly into night. Tony showed me where my bedroom was, so I dragged all of my stuff to the room and organized the area a little. I leaped onto the unfamiliar bed and wrapped myself in the covers. This was the first expensive bed I've ever slept in, and it sunk in like a cloud, but not too much that it would swallow me whole. The light switch was right above the bed, so I leaned up a little then flicked the switch down, making the light snap off. I shimmied into my bed a little bit more then closed my eyes.
  As I tried to fall asleep, my head was swarming with thoughts around Tony Stark. Was it possible that I was going to spend a few weeks with the Iron Man? It seemed pretty crazy but I was excited for it. Also, I was grateful that Tony wasn't the arrogant jerk that I assumed he would be. I knew that he was going to make this summer a lot more fun and I couldn't wait to see what was in store for me - I figured it was going to be a lot of sass. 

-----

   "Hey, come on now. I let you sleep in long enough," Tony complained.
   With a moan, I tried to ignore the annoying sound that was coming from across the room. I kept my eyes closed because I didn't want the sun that was shining through the windows to blind me. Also, I wasn't quite ready to wake up yet
  "I've got a cold bucket of water downstairs," he threatened.
  Reluctantly, I leaned up slightly and squinted my eyes open, "But it's summer. I'm supposed to sleep in," I pointed out.
  "It's eleven o'clock," Tony raised his eyebrow.
  "Oh... One more hour?" I begged, figuring that any sleep would be equivalent to gold.
  "Hm, no," he shook his head.
  So I sighed when I realized that he was not going to let me sleep in and I climbed out of the comforting bed. It was so soft and gentle that I felt like it was calling me back to sleep. Except, I also knew that it was getting pretty late in the morning - almost noon. Which meant that I should get up.
   While I was still in pajamas, I followed at Tony's heels out of the room as he asked, "What do you want for breakfast?" 
   Although, I wasn't sure yet so I inquired, "What do you have?" 
   "What do you want?" Tony stubbornly shot back at me.
   At first, I gave him a look but then shrugged, "Pancakes?"
   He snickered and nodded in agreement, "Anything else?"
   As I pursed my lips, I wondered, "Can we watch a movie?" 
   Expectantly, the response came, "What kind?"
   Which caused me to think for a minute, "An old movie..." I decided, but Tony stared at me, hinting to ask what movie. "I don't know... Frankenstein."
   "Frankenstein?" Stark repeated.
   With a dip of my head, I confirmed, "Yeah," So, he flashed me a smile and walked toward the kitchen to start cooking the pancakes. "I would've thought that you had a maid or Butler, or something..." I pointed out, watching him grabbing all of the ingredients.
   "Oh, Jarvis is my Butler," Tony explained, staring at the box of pancake mix in confusion before starting to throw everything in a bowl and mixing it up. For a genius, he wasn't very smart when it came to cooking. 
   "I prefer sidekick, sir," Jarvis commented back, which made me smile at his immediate reply.
   Although, Tony seemed to completely ignore the comment, "But he can't exactly make pancakes," he admitted.
   Noticing Tony struggle a little bit with the battle, I offered, "I can help you make them."
   "Please?" Tony flashed me a pleading look from his eyes.
   Stifling a laugh at his failed attempt to cook, I nodded then jogged over to Stark and helped make the batter while using the ingredients that the recipe required. "How often do you make pancakes?" I wondered, but Tony just shrugged - which meant never - so I turned back to the batter and mixed the ingredients together, making sure there were no clumps. While I mixed the batter, Tony turned on a small little grill that would be easier to cook the pancakes on. I handed the bowl with the mixture to Tony, and he poured a little bit on the grill, listening to it hissing at the heat. "I didn't mean what I said yesterday. I don't think you're too old to be Iron Man. Actually, I think it's pretty awesome," I smiled.
   Alas, Tony just huffed pompously, "Yeah, I know I'm not too old."
   This caused me to cross my arms and roll my eyes in irritation. I was trying to apologize!
   Fortunately, Tony looked at me - as if reading my mind - with a smile, "Thanks, kid."
  Deciding to let the 'kid' part slip for now, we both turned back to the pancakes. I watched Stark try to flip a couple discs of batter but it either ended up off of the pan or burnt. So I laughed at the failure of his cooking but decided to help him out because I was getting hungry. I scooted Tony aside and began to flip the pancakes myself until we had a nice big stack of freshly made golden pancakes.
  When the breakfast was prepared, we both turned toward the couch. Tony brought some syrup then we both sat down on his large, soft, expensive couch. Stark turned a flat computer on, like a TV, then searched for the movie. He clicked it on, then I took a plate and stacked it with pancakes. I drowned the food with syrup and snatched a fork. My mouth was watering so excessively that it almost choked me, but I didn't rush too much to cut a little triangle and shove the food into my mouth. The pancakes were sweet with the syrup soaking into them, but they were also light and fluffy. I leaned back into the comfortable couch and watched the cheesy black and white movie.
  Eventually, the movie ended and I was long finished with my pancakes. So, after putting the dishes up, I looked back at Tony, "Are you sure I can't mess around with your suit?"
  With a raised eyebrow, Stark turned his attention to me, "No, you will hurt yourself."
  "I will not," I crossed my arms in a pout.
  So Tony rudely pointed out, "Look how short you are, you won't fit."
  This got a glare from me as I snapped, "Then how does it fit that in?" Hinting towards his stomach. Of course, he had abs - I could tell through his shirt - but it was fun to tease him and it was mostly to get back at him.
  Tony looked down at his slim stomach, "I don't see anything..."
  Continuing to banter with Tony, a smirk formed on my lips, "Wow, really? How can you not see that?" It wasn't a great idea mostly because then an outrageous request came to mind, "Oh, so you know how I'm sixteen?" I assumed he did.
  "What? Really? Wow, I thought you were younger... Like, eight," Tony seemed surprised, but I caught a glimpse of sarcasm in his gaze.
  Which caused a sigh to slip from my lips. "No... Can I have a car?" I asked, mainly because I knew he had enough money for one! Also, it was more for insurance that I would be able to leave whenever I pleased. However, I expected the answer to be no because that was what all of my other guardians' answer was. 
  Except, it surprised me when Stark genuinely seemed to think about it, "Are you a good driver?"
  "Passed the test on the first try," I beamed.
  As Tony took a deep breath, he finally nodded, "Okay, but you have to drive to the dealership, and if you give me any reason that you can't drive a car, then we're driving right back."
  Doesn't he fly in a suit for his job? And live on a ridiculously high building? And throws himself into danger? I don't think he would flinch even at the Dukes of Hazard's driving!
  So, up for the challenge, I grinned and nodded, "Deal!" Then I peered down and noticed that I was still in my pj's so I bolted to my room and pulled some clothes from my bag. I went to the bathroom to change, do my hair and makeup, and get ready. When I opened the door and walked back out, I realized how excited I was. This couldn't possibly be happening, could it?
  Almost as if he was answering me, Tony smirked then started sauntering toward the elevator, so I followed close behind him. The elevator went to the lowest floor and Stark skipped out. I was right on his heels as we wandered into his parking garage and scanned the room to observe all the cars he had. Tony stopped at one car and turned towards it, signaling that it would be this car I would drive.
  Instantly, my eyes widened and my mouth dropped as I stared at the perfectly shiny, expensive car. "What kind of car is this?" I managed to choke the words out.
  "It's a Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster," Tony smirked, boastfully, at the red sports car.
   "Right... I'm driving this?" I swallowed hard.
  "Yeah, driving it. That does not include crashing it," he winked then climbed into the vehicle.
  Of course...