Changing Schedule

Finally, Tony seemed to snap out of a trance as he made me sit down on the couch. I obeyed and waited as he jogged to some cabinet and pulled out a first aid kit after I insisted that I didn't need to go to the hospital. I also told him that it would raise some eyebrows if Tony Stark was at the hospital, so he finally gave in and didn't take me to the doctor. Tony cleaned the blood off of my legs and cleaned the wound, so it wouldn't get infected. Then he wrapped my legs in bandages and I giggled as I told him that I looked like a mummy. Tony touched my chin and I winced as I felt it sting. He grabbed a small band-aid and placed it on my chin where there was a small cut.
  "Nothing's broken, right?" Tony tested. 
  I was still on the couch so I peeked my head over the furniture to look at my foot, wondering if my ankle was okay. It didn't feel broken but I didn't know if it was because it wasn't broken or if my adrenaline just masked the pain. 
  Tony noticed that I was looking at my foot so he touched it but it didn't hurt. Then he made me rotate and move my ankle but it still didn't hurt. He did the same thing for both of them but nothing hurt so Tony concluded, "Nope, not broken." 
  "Tony, I told you I was fine," I pointed out. Then, Tony touched my forehead, right at my hairline, "Ow..." I mumbled.
  Stark raised his eyebrow, "Sam, you look like you went through a blender."
  I tried not to look offended by that statement as he pulled out another band-aid. This band-aid was bigger because the wound on my forehead was bigger. Then he looked down at all of the bruises on my arms and shook his head, knowing there was nothing to do about those. 
  "Maybe they'll heal by the time Pepper gets back..." I hoped. 
  "We still have to go to Clyde's lair," Tony reminded me. 
  I crossed my arms, "Look at you being optimistic," I said with sarcasm. Tony didn't say anything back so talking about Clyde made me think, "How was the board meeting?"
  "Hectic," Stark replied in one word. 
  "You wanna talk about it?" I asked, softly. 
  Tony's eyes gleamed like he noticed something, "You always get soft when you talk about it..."
  I shifted, uncomfortably, "I just don't want to start up your anxiety..." 
  "Aw, look at you actually caring about my health," Stark teased.
  I rolled my eyes, "Are you gonna answer me?"
  Tony sighed, knowing he couldn't escape the conversation, "The argument has died down a lot, it's better than what it was originally, but I don't think that's a good thing... I think Clyde has given up trying to convince me..."
  "Well, that's good!" I exclaimed.
  "It just means that he's given up trying to convince me," he repeated then continued, "It doesn't mean that he isn't trying to mock my suits anymore."
  I bit my lip in thought, "Are we still waiting a week?"
  "I don't know... Why?"
  "Because Pepper is suppose to come back in a week," I made clear.
  Tony paled and stared me in the eyes, then he started coughing as he tried to breathe. Stark started breathing heavier and he stood up from his kneeling position.
  My eyes widened, "Did I just give you a panic attack?"
  Tony shook his head, violently, "No, I just... need... some water," he breathed and jogged into the kitchen. He grabbed a glass of water tried to take a few gulps.
  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stress you out!" I exclaimed, honestly.
  Tony sputtered out another cough, "I need some fresh air," he stated then went out one of the doors to the balcony with the pool in it.
  I frowned, feeling bad that I caused him to stress out so much. I watched him outside as he leaned against the rails of the balcony and slowed his breathing down. Tony cursed outside, but it was loud enough that I could hear it. My shoulders sagged as I felt even worse, so I finally stood up and walked out onto the balcony. I leaned my head against his firm arm, wanting to lean against his shoulder but he was too tall for me to reach.
  The sun was going down and we had a perfect view of the sunset. The stars were just starting to pop out and the moon was trying to outshine the sun. The city seemed to come alive as lights turned on, and headlights could be seen from the Stark's tower. It was becoming night but that didn't mean that everyone went to sleep. That was evident as city noises echoed, even from up here. There was traffic in the mornings and during the day, true, and there were more people wandering the streets, but I thought that the city was much more alive at night. The darkness didn't stop people from having a good time and time wasn't going to wait while you slept, so people took advantage of the night. Being with Tony made me realize and appreciate that more. 
  "It's a really beautiful view," I finally broke the silence. 
  Stark sighed, "We're going to have to stop him earlier than planned..." 
  I shrugged, my head still against his arm, "You're the expert."
  "You're okay with that?" Tony asked, cautiously. 
  I looked up at him, "Tony, I trust you." 
  Tony was about to say something but his phone began to ring. He pulled out his high-tech looking phone and pressed a button, then he held it up to his ear, "Hello?" he paused as someone talked. "Hey, Rhodey... Yeah, she's fine," Tony answered, then Rhodey's voice sounded from the phone but I couldn't hear the conversation. "No, I'm not mad... I know it's no one's fault. Jeez, why do people think I'm that uptight?" Tony wondered. "She's fine," he restated. "Can we talk about this later? I was having a moment with my niece," he snapped, lightheartedly, towards Rhodey. Tony paused then hung up the phone and looked over at me, "As I was saying..."
  I pouted, "You made it awkward." Then, he gave me a confused look so I said, "The moment's over!"
  "Right..." Tony sighed.
  I rolled my eyes, "Night, Tony." 
  "It's not even ten o'clock..." he pointed out.
  "I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted... long day," I mumbled and turned back into the building. He called goodnight from the balcony as I walked toward my bedroom and shut the door behind me. I didn't go to sleep right away as I stayed awake for a few hours, but I finally got tired, I changed into pjs, laid down in the bed, closed my eyes, and fell asleep pretty quickly because I was so tired. And my body really needed the rest.