After The Meeting

Rhodey hesitated, I doubted he would actually let me try the suit. Would it even fit me? Before Rhodey could even answer, there was a door slam in the living room.
Soon, I saw Tony walk into his office room, the one with the shattered window, and the one Rhodey and I were both in.
Tony looked irritated, I was guessing the meeting with Dr. Clyde didn't go too well, "What's going on?"
"Just showing her the suit," Rhodey's mask started sliding up to show his face.
"What? Why?! You could get her hurt," Tony snapped, which was the first time I saw him angry.
Rhodey sighed, "Well, for one, I know my way around the suit, I wouldn't hurt her. And two, you always show her your suits."
"What?" Tony looked confused.
I instantly turned white, oops, I thought. Tony was totally going to find out now, that I might've exaggerated the truth a little.
Tony glanced towards me, and he could tell that I had lied to Rhodey. Surprisingly, he didn't say anything about it he just sighed and shook his head, "Alright, whatever... Rhodey! Did you come through the window?!"
"You said it was an emergency! I didn't think the window would really matter if you were in trouble," he defended himself.
Tony's forehead creased, and he rubbed his temples. Tony looked stressed out so before anyone started yelling at each other I jumped into the conversation, "So, the meeting didn't go well?"
"No," Tony shook his head, and I could see he was calming down, "Sorry, Rhodey. Thanks for watching her, I owe you one."
Rhodey nodded, "No problem. Just tell me the truth next time."
"Okay, okay. You'll be the first to get a call if she needs a babysitter," Tony agreed, which made me roll my eyes.
Rhodey laughed, "I would think about that choice again... Anyway, you're welcome. Take care... I've got to go."
I watched as Rhodey's mask pulled back down to cover his face, then he started his shoes. Making flames come out of his feet, so he could fly out of the window. It was pretty quiet between me and Tony as Rhodey left the building.
"I'm sorry Tony, for lying to Rhodey about the suit," I interrupted the silence, turning towards Stark.
Tony shrugged, "Your a teenager, I get it."
I bit my tongue, wanting to comment about him being so leaned back about it but it's not like I wanted to get yelled at so I kept quiet. "Does this mean you'll show me your suit more often?"
"Maybe one day," Tony answered vaguely.
I sighed, "Alright... So, what happened at the meeting?"
"Besides Dr. Clyde wanting to buy my suit?" Tony huffed.
"Well, it's not like you have to sell him the suit, right?" I wondered.
Tony took a deep breath, "Yeah, I guess. But he's making it sound like it's not my choice if I sell my suit or not... My whole company."
"Wow... How not fair," I shook my head.
"Right?" Stark agreed.
I thought about, "But, wait. Who would think it's a good idea to give the suit to someone who doesn't even know how to use it? You and Rhodey are, basically, the only ones who know how to use it."
"Yeah well, they attacked my personality rather than my intelligence," he looked offended, just talking about it.
"What? Like what?" I didn't really need to ask about what people thought about Tony, but I knew that the second layer of his personality was the actual Tony and so much better. No matter what other people say, Tony is better than they think he is and I could see why he would be offended.
"Well, for one, they said I was always late... Like today," Tony pointed out.
My mouth dropped, instantly making me feel guilty, "Oh my gosh, Tony, I am so sorry."
"No, you right. I would've been late anyway," he shrugged it off.
I sighed, disappointed in myself, "Well, no matter what they say, I promise they are just jealous of you and what you have."
"Money?" Tony raised an eyebrow.
I chuckled, "No, more of a life than those geeky scientists at the meeting. Am I right?" I smirked.
Tony smiled and nodded, he was feeling better now and I hoped the comments at the meeting weren't getting to him. Then I started thinking, it's Tony he'll get over them. I couldn't help but wonder if, somehow, they were able to get his suits then what would happen? I could see why Tony would be stressed out a little. What if they got his whole business... They couldn't do that, right?

(Hey guys, fun fact! Did you know stark in German, means strong? It makes sense 😍 I don't really know what Tony means, though... lol)