Test Drive

As I stared at the car, I touched the handle of the door to open it then cringed. The paint was smooth and shiny, so I knew I was leaving fingerprints. I am totally going to die if I crash this car, hopefully by the impact of the crash and not by Tony. It was even more intimidating that he was Iron Man! But when I sat down in the leather seat of the car, I noticed Tony was smiling. He was resting his elbow against the tray that opens up, beside the passenger's and driver's seat, which made him look a lot more relaxed and less threatening.
   "Keys?" I held my hand out. It took all of my strength and calmness to keep a steady voice, although I could almost feel it crack. However, the key to driving and getting Tony to trust me was to seem confident. No matter how nervous I felt.
   "This is my baby, you be careful with her," Tony dropped the dangling keys into my hand. Either, he didn't love his car as much as he said for letting me drive, or he really had a lot of faith in me. Was I really getting a car today?
   The thoughts swarming in my head caused me to pause and stare at the steering wheel. Finally, I turned to the man beside me, "Are you really buying me a car?"
   Tony raised his eyebrow, "Yeah."
   "Why?" I narrowed my eyebrows in bewilderment.
   As a response, Stark smiled, "I know what it's like to own your first car."
   Still skeptical, I inquired, "And you're willing to buy a car for me?" I was surprised that he just met me but he'd buy me a car. After all the caretakers that I've had, was this going to be the one that gives me a little more freedom? 
   "What can I say? I'm a philanthropist," he smirked.
   Ignoring the urge to roll my eyes at his response, instead, I nodded slowly, "Right... Well... Thanks, is what I'm trying to say."
   Realizing my hesitation, he playfully exclaimed, "I am slowly changing my mind!" 
   So I smiled then turned toward the parking garage, "Right." The engine turning shook the whole car in a gentle way as I turned the keys. I glanced one more time at Tony then I shifted the gears into drive and pressed on the gas.
  The car was fast, but it was smooth too, on the road and while making turns. Driving was a lot easier than I thought, I over thought driving it before but now it was just like a habit to ride along the streets. I noticed that Tony wasn't even paying attention to my driving, like he already knew that I was a good enough driver to not even worry about riding his car around. The only thing he seemed to be paying attention to, was when I asked for directions on how to get there. Being in the city, there was always bad traffic no matter what time of day it was, although some days might have been a little bit easier than others.
  Eventually, Tony pointed to the building so I made a left and pulled into the dealership. There were nice cars parked alongside each other, so I found a place to park the car and I turned the sports car off.
   Stark sighed, "I hate car salesmen," he muttered under his breath then opened the car door. He greeted a salesman as one walked up to us and started asking questions.
   "So, what car are you looking for, sir?" the shorter, more stubby looking guy asked.
   "One for her," Tony tilted his head toward me.
   The salesman looked at me, "Oh, so then what are we looking for, missy?"
   However, I had to ignore the urge to roll my eyes, "Something not too expensive-," I hinted more toward Tony, "and something with good gas mileage."
   The man nodded then started walking toward a bunch of cars. Tony had to throw in, "I also don't think we need to look at a whole bunch."
   "Well, here's two that you might be interested in," the dealer pointed to one red car, "This is a Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium. The price is about $22,495, but the gas mileage is 24 miles per hour in the city and 32 miles per hour on the highway. Also, it is great for driving on the snow and on rain," he explained. I nodded and looked at the exterior of the car then the interior. It was a nice car but he moved onto a black colored car, "This is a Hyundai Sonata GLS, and the price ranges at $20,995. The gas mileage is 24 miles in the city and 35 miles on the highway, but it's great for crashes because the exterior has more bulk to it."
   I looked at the second car, liking the Hyundai a lot more, especially since the gas mileage was good and it was more safe for crashes, even though I doubt I would crash it, who knows?
   "Which one?" Tony asked, looking at me. It felt like picking a new puppy.
   "The second one," I answered, although I thought it was obvious.
   "The Hyundai?" The salesman asked one more time then nodded, "Right this way." He led us inside with the bunch of paperwork that would come with buying a car.

   "Right, well I'm taking this car back to the house, you can follow me with your car," Tony finally walked out of the building, after what felt like an eternity in the boring dealership.
   Everything was so overwhelming and exciting that I squealed one more time then ran to Tony, before he walked to his sports car, and wrapped my arms around him, "Thank you!"
   "Ah... It's touching me," Tony teased.
   With a grin never leaving my expression, I took the keys and walked to my new car. The car had that new leathery smell that all the new vehicles had, but the seats were stiff because they hadn't been broken in yet. I started the car and laid my hands down on the smooth steering wheel, then followed Tony out.