Gesture.

She was dazed; lost in complete thought.

Confusion unraveled. Eyes scanning every inch of him.

Was he real? Although it seemed idiotic, the question did come to mind.

His cologne and piercing gaze, engulfed her sanity.

He was here.

And though it seemed almost impractical, his smile warmed the idea to a burnt crisp.

"Sorry to bother you" he whispered dryly.

The man's voice on stage echoed; straining to be heard, but initially became background noise.

Before she could reply, he suddenly dug through his leather book bag and pulled out the novel that united them together in the first place.

"I saw you, and just wanted to return this." He handed it to her.

With dwindled hope, and a masked appearance, she delicately took it. Letting her skin touch the softness of his finger tips.

The only time you'll ever touch. Her conscious mocked her. Of course, he was only returning the book. He doesn't know you, let alone; desire you.

"Thank you." She whispered, shoving it in her bag.

She wanted him to leave now, to disperse.

His frequent let downs got mixed around with his mystifying glances, and seats being taken next to her.

The thought of it all was giving her a headache.

She knew whatever moment was bewildering between them, would only end up being disappointing for her.

He was the definition of perfection.

She was the underlying factor of unworthy.

"You're welcome" He murmured while standing to leave.

"---- my son even attends this very college. Maybe you know of him. Harry would you stand." And just like that, David's voice became audible again.

Harry froze, as a stage light flew directly to him.

Making Victoria let out a small gasp at the abruptness of it all.

"Ah, there you are." David grinned. "Harry is an award winning bio chemist, and not to mention an alumni. He's gotten over thirty job offers, yet he still chooses to progress in his schooling."

Harry meekly smiled, while David glided across the platform.

" 'Why?' Might you ask. Because he strives for success; the kind that can be accounted for and achieved through schooling and dedication."

He nodded in Harry's direction. Then his glare unexpectedly landed on Victoria; who was watching with a baffled expression between the two.

"Thank you son, you can sit."

Harry gave a dimpled grin, before sitting back down.

He then noticed his father's gaze, and put an arm around the back of Victoria's seat.

She froze. What the hell is going on?

The last two minutes have become a stupor, in a tug a war of sense. If she thought she had a headache before, she isn't prepared for this monumental migraine to come.

But just as her mind felt completely strained, she sees it.

The unmistakable scowl deepening on David's face.

An uncomfortable silence followed, and people began whispering.

Victoria felt very awkward, and very scrutinized under the stranger's judgmental grimace.

After what felt like an eternity, he averted his eyes away from Harry's gesture, and began talking more of the program.

Looking to her right; she looks for an answer. She looks for an explanation.

He was still watching his father's every move, paying no mind to the girl who's frantically under his arm.

Her mouth tried to play to the beat of Why is your arm around me? What're you doing?

But noticing the wide smile on Harry's face; shut her up. Because it was the complete opposite of his father's.

Because she could feel his grip tighten around her.

Because his real name was Harry.

(Who I imagine being the characters are on the side. Thank you for reading, I love you! 😘)