Trust.

Their conversations passed like the sun to the moon. Igniting something new, and mutual; only meant for a conclusive fate.

Night was adamant, and the sky was lit full of stars in comparison. Marking how long ago the sun had set through their window, and how long ago this began.

Hours felt like days; His voice felt like silk; Her attention felt like a gift.

This moment, etched and branded itself inside a pocket full of unforgettable memories.

Laughing was inevitable, smiling was incessant.

Time seemed void. And so did the idea of ever leaving this cafe.

"So you blamed the accident on your lab partner?" Victoria gasped in fake horror.

Harry nodded, chuckling. "I know it sounds awful, but my scholarship was riding on that project. Plus, Jim wasn't even planning on going to college, he was joining the peace corps or some shit, anyway." He shrugged.

She shook her head; an adamant grin holding itself in place. "You sound like a great friend."

His smile fell into a smirk. "I can be. If the settings right, and the trust is there."

His response confused her. Such big words, for such small talk. "What do you mean?"

He sighed. "I mean-- my time is valuable, and so are my emotions. If you piss me off, than im more than likely going to piss you off. If you trust me, then I'll most likely trust you. I have no reason to deal with anything less."

"So you must have a lot of secrets then. I mean, to be so selective over your company?"

He crookedly grinned, a dimple appearing.

"Not really." She glared at his response.

"Okay, maybe a few." He clucked his tongue "But who doesn't?"

He leaned forward, face mere inches from hers. Breath heavy; pupils dilated; skin tingling.

"No worries though Victoria, Im pretty much an open book." He whispered.

"Me too." She courageously replied.

He bit his lip. "Yea, I get that." Growing impossibly closer, he whispered. "You seem trust worthy."

(Short: yes. Shitty: yes. Chapter though?: yes. Sorry?: yes. Updating tomorrow?: yes. Love all of you?: ABSOLUTELY!😘)