8

Wilmer

Smacking my alarm clock off, I cringed at the time. 4:30 AM. I decided last night that I'd be a good boyfriend/dad and make breakfast and get stuff ready before Annie's surgery at 6.

Rolling over, I expected to be faced with the beautiful Demi, but I was not. All I saw was a pillow. Then I remembered she had been sleeping down stairs with Annie. I guess I'll have to start doing that too, because I'm lonely by myself.

With a bunch of willpower, I got out of bed and threw a t-shirt on before heading downstairs. I can't even imagine how hard it will be to wake up the sleeping beauties in an hour.

Speaking of which, the surgery. I think I may be more concerned than both of them? I've researched the surgery and the therapy, then how long recovery will be. I just don't like seeing Annie hurt.

I started to switch on lights until I got to the living room, careful not to wake them. I peered over the couch, and to my surprise, Annie was laying there, watching some show on Netflix.

"Annie?" I asked.

She peered over her shoulder and half smiled. "Hey."

"What're you doing up?"

"Uh, I, um- Nervous about the surgery, I guess." She shrugged.

Is she hiding something? Nah, she's just really nervous.

"What are you doing up?" She asked me.

"I'm gonna make you two breakfast!" I said, smiling proudly to myself.

"I can't eat or drink anything before my surgery." She laughed, pausing the TV.

"Oh yeah." I frowned. How could I forget that? "I guess I'll just make it for Demi and I."

"I'll come hangout with you." She said, starting to stand up.

"Okay." I agreed, smiling.

One year ago, she wouldn't even look at me. She wouldn't give me the time of day. Now? From then to now, it's been a huge transformation. My relationship with Demi and Annie has grown so significantly, I can't even put it into words.  

"What're you making?" She asked, looking totally exhausted.

"Eggs, bacon, maybe a pancake or two." I pulled out a pan, sheet, and what not.

"Mm." She mumbled. "Do you think they'll ever give it up?"

"Who give what up?"

"The media." She said, glancing over at the television which holds the security cameras around our house and outside the gates of the subdivision. "They never leave."

It is true. The paps have been parked out of the subdivision, waiting for us to come out. When they see Dianna, Dallas, Eddie, or Marissa come in here they bombar them. It's literally ridiculous.

"Not until they get a good story, I guess." I sighed, opening the fridge and retrieving the contents.

"I'm sorry.." She mumbled, looking down at the counter top.

"For what?" I asked. Then I noticed she was crying.. Not a lot but you could definitely tell she was fighting it.

"Your car." She quietly said. "You getting hurt.. The actual car accident. I'm sorry."