9

Annie

One step at a time. Literally.

Walking down the stairs is seeming more and more impossible as the days go by. To make sure I have less chance of falling to my death, I have to turn my foot sideways and carefully go down. I have a mini heart attack at least once everyday because I always loose my balance.

I finally reached the platform, and I feel an overwhelming amount of self achievement. I'm going to get some ice cream. Well, I was going to do that anyways.

I was just about to walk in the kitchen to share my news of making it down the stairs once again by myself, but I heard talking and stopped myself.

"Baby, I'm so so so happy." I heard my mother say. "My album drops in a week, you- I have you. You're so, so, so amazing. Annie- she's doing so much better and sleeping, just- that wreck made me so thankful for everything I have. My life is so perfect I could cry."

"You deserve this. This is your time. When you were on rock bottom did you ever think that you'd make it this far? Last year you wouldn't show your arms and now you're doing naked photoshoots."

"No.. I didn't. I wouldn't have gotten off of rock bottom if it wasn't for you, baby. You saved me."

Oh, gag.

"No, you saved yourself. I was there for the ride."

"Baby, you- if you weren't there.. I honestly don't think I'd be here."

Well, okay. I see where I stand.

"I'm so so so proud of you, sweetheart. I love you so much." He said.

"I love you, baby." And then I heard kissing noises.

It's official. This is very awkward. I've been placed in a sticky situation to where I have to listen to them smooch or walk away with them hearing my boot stomp, and find out I was eavesdropping.

Besides that though- hearing Demi say that.. It makes me realize how good my life is. How good of a life she gave me and continues to work to give me. Why wouldn't I just take those pills for PTSD? If I do have it, I need to get it taken care of and not be in denial about it. I've hidden four pills now under Demi's mattress.. I realize how ridiculous and silly that is.

I can hear Demi and Wilmer talking about normal things now, so I entered the kitchen and took a seat at the island.

"Good morning, baby girl." Demi cheesed.

"How'd you sleep?" Wilmer asked.

Bad. I should have been taking the medicine.

"Good." I said instead.

"Here, I'll get you your medicine."

I watched as Demi grabbed a glass cup down from the cabinet and filled it up with water.
This time when she gave me the two pills, I swallowed them down.

"Okay, so. Today, I have meetings about the album and stuff so you and Wilmer are just gonna hangout until around lunch time because he has to film. He'll drop you off at
Marissas and I'll pick you up from there." She smiled.

"I can stay home alone, ya' know." I told her, but I definitely wouldn't mind hanging out with Mar.

"Yeah, but I don't want you do that especially with your boot and courageous actions of going up and down stairs. You could fall not near a phone, and we don't have life alert."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever. Marissa has new roommates though. What if they are weird?"

It was Demi's turn to roll her eyes, "I'm sure they're lovely."