16

Annie

Do you sometimes wish you could hit rewind in real life and redo a moment in time? Maybe to change something you said or done? I wish I had a remote so I could rewind the past two days. I would have stayed upstairs a little longer so I didn't have to walk down to hear Wilmer is my father. I wouldn't have said I hated him. Even though deep down, I think I do.

"Seriously?!" Demi yelled, standing in the kitchen entry way. "Both of you! Are you fucking kidding me?!"

My shoulders hung low as Demi's voice raised. She almost never yells at me, but when she does, bitch better bet I'm scared.

I glanced up at Wilmer who also has his head bowed. I guess we both have letting Demi down in common. Fuck him, though.

"You are both acting so childish!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air. "Both of you- think about what you both said up in... Your rooms."

Wilmer and I shared a quick glance before looking back at Demi. Did she just send us off to our rooms? Wilmer too?

"Yeah. Both of you. Go to your rooms and think about what you said." Angry Demi pointed to the staircase.

I grabbed my phone and was about to start walking when Demi yelled once again.

"Leave it." She said, pointing to my phone. Of fucking course.

I sat my phone back down and followed shortly behind Wilmer as we stomped up the stairs.

"I can't believe she just fucking sent me to our room." Wilmer muttered under his breath. "I can let believe I'm actually doing it."

I ignored him as we turned our separate ways to go on opposite sides of the hallway. This is the dumbest shit I've ever done. Ever. Like, seriously, Demi? Are you completely loosing it?

I threw myself down on my bed with a big huff. I refuse to think about it. I refuse to think about Wilmer being my dad, think about Demi yelling, about anything because it just gives me a big headache.

I wasn't going to think about it, that is, until fifteen minutes later there was three soft knocks on the door and Demi came in.

"Hey," she said, walking over and sitting on my bed.

I sat up and looked at her. Lately we've been kinda distant, especially from the gala incident. I miss her so much. She's my best friend and I don't want to fight anymore.. That's all the past few days have been about. And I think she realized that too, because she patted her lap for me to climb up in it.

I let myself smile a little as I sat in her lap, letting the familiar feeling of safeness come over me.

"If Wilmer was your dad, it wouldn't be a bad thing, you know." Demi rested her head against my shoulder.

"I wish it was just me and you again." I shrugged, thinking about how much more time was spent between her and I.

"You don't mean that." Demi said. "You know how much greater our lives have been sense Wilmer came in."

I almost laughed. "Maybe for you."

"For you, too." She said. "You know that."

I shrugged, just to make her happy. She couldn't possibly know how I really felt about it. She would never see things from my perspective.

"He's trying, okay?" Demi went on, "He's made sacrifices for the both of us. You, my friend, just need to get past the dad stuff."

"Whatever." I mumbled.