31

Annie

Five days. Five days Wilmer hasn't called, texted, or visited. Yet, "nothing" will change. News flash: it's changing.

Pain is when someone leaves. When someone leaves, it feels like their hand went straight through your chest and ripped your heart out. The worst part is- I don't blame him.

There's no point of getting out of bed today. I don't want to throw back the covers, put on clothes, do my makeup, tend to my hair, and pretend like it's any other day. I don't want to go downstairs and watch Demi pretend to smile like nothing is wrong. I don't want to fake it because truth is, it's not like any other day, everything is wrong, and no one is okay.

The most annoying and painful thing about this is that Wilmer claims he just moved out of the house for "space", but we all know it's a matter of days before he and Demi call it off- basically me without a dad once again. What's new? You open up to people and then they disappoint you.

"Good morning.." I heard Demi's voice say as she tiptoed in the room.

"Hey," I said, scooting over so she could slide in beside me.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" She asked holding the engagement ring between her thumb and forefinger.

"Yeah, because I picked it out." I sighed, looking away from what could've been.

"You did a fine job. I'm just not sure what to do with it now."

"It went down the drain once." I laughed. "When me and Marissa said we dropped the earring it was actually the engagement ring. Or the decal."

"You're awful!" Demi joked, pushing me with her free hand.

"I don't feel bad about it anymore." I sighed,  pressing my hands against my eyes as if the blackness takes over it will take over my problems, also.

"Tour starts in two days and we leave tonight," Demi sighed. "I can't believe it. You have your bags packed, right?"

My eyes bulged. Oh fuck me in the ass. Usually packing for tour takes me at least a week and now I haven't even started- I don't even have my suitcases from the basement.

"Uh... About that..." I mumbled, cringing, waiting for the lash.

"Annie Lovato! You mean to tell me you HAVENT PACKED ONE THING?!" Demi fumed, sitting up in bed.

"I, well, there's been stuff going on.. And..."

She grumbled colorful words under her breath and jumped out of bed. "Well, you better figure it out right fucking now because I can't help you. I'm going to be gone all day and I'm leaving in five minutes. If you're not done when I get home at 7- you're fucking grounded for life. Don't test me, Annie. Not today."

I sat there, shivering because she ripped all the blankets off. I will not smart off. I will not give her attitude. She's going through a lot. Be nice.

"Okay," I calmly stated. "I will get it done. I love you, have a good day."

Her eyebrows un-furrowed, which is not something you see all the time, and she looked kinda surprised but much calmer. "Oh.. Okay, then. Good. I love you too."