27

Annie

Watching Demi give Madison a bouquet of flowers, hugging her tightly, repeating how proud she is of her, and seeing the light in her eyes hurts worse than my purple knuckles hanging by my side.

Don't get me wrong- I'm so proud of Madison. I'm just upset that Demi basically neglected me in my time of need hours ago, and is now worshipping Maddie at her feet.

I literally think my hand is broken, yet I played through it, and she still didn't look at me the way she is at Madison. Literally, Demi is all over her right now. Did I mention she posted a snapchat story of Madison saying, 'My fav lil teenage superstar.' What about me? I'm a teenager, too. She could've worded it differently.

"You okay?" Wilmer asked, bumping my arm.

With tears in my eyes, I shrugged. "Why can't she look at me like that?"

Wilmer sighed, running a hand down his face. You know Demi is being a bitch when even Wilmer sees it. Usually he's on her side.

"You know what?" He asked. "We're leaving. We need to ice your hand."

Before I could say anything, he was dragging me to the circle where Demi, Madison, Marissa, and a few others are standing.

"Hey, Demi." Wilmer said, poking her on the shoulder.

She turned around, annoyed that he interrupted her conversation. "What?"

"We're going to head home. We'll meet you there."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "You both aren't going to stay here and support Madison?"

"Dems, you've been backstage for an hour." Madison laughed. "Annie and I took pictures and Wilmer gave me a card. You guys don't have to stay here."

"I'm staying here. You did amazing." Demi said, once a-fucking-gain. Staying here and they way she performed has NOTHING to do with each other.

"Annie has a hand to ice if you want her back on that field." Wilmer said, taking my shoulder and steering me away from them, away from the crowd, and towards the door.

I wanted Demi to stop or come after us, saying she'll come with, but she didn't. It's not that big of a deal, but I'm just super sensitive and I hate when she's like this. Absolutely hate it.

The car ride with Wilmer is full of silence for the exception of the radio. They must be fighting. I know Wilmer wouldn't get so pissed over what just happened. This just must've fueled his fire.

"Here, hop up on the counter, I'll go get the ice and bandage." Wilmer said, once we arrived home.

I did as I was told, and slid onto the counter top in his and Demi's bathroom. He left the room to fetch the ice and I stayed put. I wonder what they fought about. I wonder what was going through Demi's head when I got hurt or when we left. I just wish I could read her thoughts. Both of them.

"Here we go." Wilmer said, announcing his arrival.

I watched intensively as he wrapped my hand with the utensil from the first aid kit. I'm not sure if or how this is helping, but I go with it anyways. After he's done, he gives me the bag of ice and instructs me to keep it on there. Yes sir.

I walked down the hallway to my room and sat on the bed. I'm in no mood to watch Netflix or play on my phone or do anything, because I'd be too distracted. So, I lay down and stare up at the ceiling.

If Demi was here, she'd make a comment about how we should be doing something more productive with our day, but we wouldn't move. She claims her favorite pass time is doing nothing with me. Yet, she isn't here.