38

Wilmer

Thirty seven missed calls, one hundred and two unread texts, and nineteen voicemails later from Demi and Annie's still bitter.

I set Annie's phone down that she hasn't touched for three days. I've never seen Annie go two minutes without her phone, let alone days, so that's when I know something's definitely bothering her. Demi has been non-stop calling checking on Annie, but I can't force Annie to talk to her.

Two days ago, Annie woke up to an empty bed and "realized her mother doesn't take anyone else's feelings into consideration except for her own." That was a direct quote from big A herself. Since then, shes ignored not only Demi, but me.

It's really hard ignoring both of your parents, especially when you're temporarily living with one of them. It's been easier to dodge me considering I've been filming, but when I come home, Annie is usually locked away in the room or pretend sleeping.

I know Annie is in a really rough place right now. Both, Demi and I, are going our separate ways with new people, and Annie feels like she's stuck in the middle.

I watch as Annie solemnly sits on the couch, staring at the black TV. I haven't seen Annie this upset in a long while, and frankly it scares me. I hate that things have to be this way.

"Are you ready?" I asked, eyeing the suitcases waiting by the door.

"Is this sky green?" She mumbled.

"No."

She shrugged, "There you go."

I sighed, rubbing my face. Tonight is the last concert of tour taking place right here in LA, which means Annie will be going home afterwards. Soon, we'll have to start a new life learning how to live alternating Annie between mine and Demi's home. Coparenting.

"Your mother will be over the moon to see you," I held my hand out to help her rise from the couch.

"I wish I could say the same." She dodged my hand, standing up on her own. Ouch. I guess she's still upset about Minka.

"Annie, you love your mom so much or you wouldn't be this upset about her leaving without you." I said as I walked towards the front door.

"Didn't say I didn't love her," she said, "I just don't like her."

I rolled my eyes. She definitely gets the dramatic factor from her mom, that's for sure. Nevertheless, I made sure both of our phones were in my pocket before I grabbed onto her suitcases, and began to wheel them outside.

"Is that what you're saying about me, too?" I asked Annie as I popped the trunk.

"Yes." The passenger door slammed close, and I stood for a few moments before climbing in along side of her.

"That's not very nice," I told her, "You're mad at us for doing what makes us happy."

"Oh, god." She sighed, and I can tell she's about to flip out. "I'm so sick and tired of you guys pinning that 'happy' shit against me. One, I'm allowed to be sad, okay? Two, don't pretend like you guys are happy living like this! You're both just too stubborn to admit you're still in love. Seriously, both of you found rebounds in the same week, are you kidding me?"

Nothing I say to her will make anything better, so I might as well not even try. If things are going to be this way, we might as well go with the flow instead of fighting the current. She's not the only one still hurting.

"Whatever, Annie. Think what you want. You're only making yourself more miserable." I said, taking my gaze off the road momentarily to see Annie roll her eyes.