34

PSA: I made a Spotify for this acc. I'm going to make a new playlist to listen to for each chapter. I made one already for this one so go check it out!

To find me you have to put in the search bar- Spotify:user:dddovato & hit search! It will say no results until you hit search!! Pls listen!! (I went through SO much trouble to make the damn thing)

Demi

Watching someone suffer from the outside looking in is one of the most painful things... Ever. Wanting to fix and bandage every thing about a person and not being able to sucks. There's nothing you can do about a bruised heart.

Things have gotten so bad within four hours, a doctor had to come to the arena to talk to Annie. It's like this pushed her over the edge and she fell into a dark hole called a mental breakdown.

I'm not going to lie- I'm still very shaken up about what happened earlier. But, Annie.. She's.. Not okay. It's worrying me.

"So, what does that mean?" I asked the doctor as Annie stayed sitting in my lap, staring blankly ahead.

"That since she experienced PTSD months back, it could have sparked something. Like, a moment of reoccurrence. It could have made the PTSD come back, even if for just a short time." He explained.

"I'm not crazy," Annie whispered, eyes turning a glossy red. I can't tell if she's about to cry or if it's because she hasn't blinked.

"Nobody thinks that, baby girl," I whispered, hugging her tight to me.

"Do you have her medicine with you? From the last accident?" He asked, disregarding Annie's last comment.

"Yeah.. We keep it for emergencies. It's somewhere in one of our bags." I told him, trying to remember which one I put it in.

"Just make sure she takes them regularly, and she should be back to normal soon." He smiled, packing all of his stuff that was useless back up.

"Thank you very much for coming down," I sadly smiled, reaching out to shake his hand.

He shook back, patted Annie on the shoulder, then left the dressing room.

"We should probably go out to the bus and look-"

"No!" Annie suddenly jumped, alarm written all over her face. "We have to- we have to stay here."

I froze in place, taken back by her sudden outburst. "Okay, we'll stay right here.. But why?"

"I- I just.. I don't know," she shook her head, "I feel safer in this room."

"Okay.." I said, settling into the couch to get more comfortable. "I'll have Max get it.."

"No," she said, before I could grab my phone. "He'll think I'm weird and crazy. He won't understand and I'll be embarrassed."

Damn it, where's Marissa at? I need her here to help me. The only other person Annie remotely trusts as much as me, is her.

"Annie, you have the take that medicine." I said, "Pick who you want to get it, because you're taking it."

Her bottom lip began to quiver and before I knew it, tears were slowly falling down her cheeks. "I hate feeling this way."

Someone just stabbed me in my heart. I could bawl my eyes out watching this unfold. My baby girl does NOT deserve to feel like this. "Baby, baby, please don't cry! It's okay! We'll figure something out. Please, don't cry. You'll make me cry."