Chapter 9: Sophie's POV

Sophie's POV

"Uh Sophie?" I heard behind me as I was about to head into the living room to watch some Netflix.

I turned around and came face to face with Cam. I began to get very nervous considering I have the biggest crush on him.

"Yeah?" I said looking up a little into his eyes. I didn't have to look up to much though because I'm pretty tall.

"I was uh wondering if you wanted to go on a date tonight? Like umm a double date?"

"Who with?" I said knowing it was probably either Jack and Mallory or Kassidy and Shawn.

"It was Shawn's idea so yeah him and Kassidy." He said scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Okay yeah cool." I said trying to make it seem like I wasn't fangirling inside.

"Well uh be ready by 8, were going swimming."

"At 8 at night?! Are you on crack?" I yelled.

"Yeah we are going to the beach." He replied chuckling.

Swimming at the beach late at night can't be that bad. Oh well. Yolo! Does anyone even say that anymore? I do all the time, maybe I should stop...

"Okay then." I said walking away laughing.

I can't wait.

8:20pm

It's been twenty minutes and we are still waiting for Shawn. He said he needed to finish doing his hair. Gosh he's worse than a girl.

"Holy shit let's leave without him." I said jokingly.

"I'm going to get him." Kassidy said taking off towards their room.

Which left me and Cam in the living room. Alone. It was really awkward and neither of us said anything until Cameron decided to break the silence.

"Who's your favourite Avenger?" He asked completely serious.

Umm who the hell asks people that on their first date? At least he's weird like me so we go good together.

"Probably Thor, because I like his big hammer." I replied casually.

Apparently my answer is hilarious because Cam erupted into laughter. I don't know what was so funny to him.

(A/N: I actually said that to my mom 😂 and she laughed so hard at me like seriously it's really cool!)

"What?" I questioned very confused.

He didn't have time to answer because Kassidy walked downstairs dragging Shawn by the hand behind her. Shawn used his free hand to finish the front of his hair.

"Holy god Shawn, I thought Kassidy was bad for getting ready."

"Sorry but my hair is really bad today." He said quite embarrassed.

"You know it's gonna get ruined when we go swimming?" Cam said laughing at him. Which caused all of us to laugh.

"Shit I didn't think of that." Shawn said grabbing Kassidy's Harry Potter school bag because he knew she was gonna ask him to carry it anyways.

We made our way out the door and into Cam's car. Me and Cameron in the front and Kassidy with Shawn in the back.
The car ride was nothing too special just us listening to Kassidy's phone the whole ride considering she has really good music.
Once we got there Kassidy wasn't long running into the water. She's so clumsy she looked like Bambi going.
We all ran in after her throwing off our cover ups off at the same time.

"Chicken fight!" Cam yelled running towards me.

I climbed onto his back and we walked towards Shawn who had Kassidy on his shoulders.

"We're gonna cream you!" I yelled grabbing her shoulders trying to push her off.

I'm stronger than her meaning I would be able to knock her over but she has Shawn holding her up and he was 100 times stronger than me. I still won eventually then they decided to take a walk. Leaving Cam and I alone to get to know each other.
We were just floating around in the water talking about where we are from and our family, stuff like that.
I was really starting to like him a lot. I couldn't help but wonder if he felt the same.

"We gotta go." We turned around to see Shawn standing there with Kassidy in his arms who must've fallen asleep.

"Okay let's go." Cam said grabbing my hand and running out of the water.

SKIP CAR RIDE

"Goodnight." I said to Shawn who was walking into his and Kassidy's room with her still asleep.

I was in the entry way of my bedroom door when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was but I only caught a glimpse of Cameron until I felt his lips on mine. I kissed back but pulled away after a few seconds.

"Goodnight." I said smiling, while closing my door behind me.