Chapter 51: Mallory's POV

<<A/N: the picture above is just to clarify who plays who and what they look like>>

Mallory's POV

    Hayes is getting better. Ever since he got to spend some time with Kassidy's little sister, Katey, he's been excited about the baby. He was quite upset when Katey had to go back to Canada.
    Anyways, today is the day of our prom. I'm so excited, but Hayes hasn't asked me. He kinda just assumed we were going together. Which is fine with me since I'm awkward during stuff like that anyways.

"Are you guys all ready?" Shawn yelled from downstairs.

    No one said anything, just rushed out the door. This is going to be a long night.

skip to prom

     Hayes and I were slow dancing, rocking back and forth to the beat of Hello by Adele.

"I love this song." I sighed, resting my head on Hayes' chest.

    Hayes hummed in response.
    I couldn't even reach to put my head on his shoulder. I could just stay in his arms for the rest of my life.
   I lifted my head slightly to get a good look at everyone else.
    Kayla was dancing with Jc Caylen, who she invited since Nash brought Britney. They were laughing and talking. They looked so cute together. Kayla threw her head back, letting out an ear splitting laugh.
     Sophie and Cameron were over talking to people who were trying to dance. I guess you could say they were trying to annoy people.
    Kassidy was dancing over near the side of the gym with Shawn. He had his hands placed just below her waists, while hers were on the side of his face. Shawn leaned down, quite a bit since she's short, to kiss her.
    Then I looked away, turning my attention back to Hayes who has been staring at me the whole time.
   I lifted my eyes up to meet his gaze, and held it.
    Soon the song was over, and Downtown by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis ft. a bunch of other dudes came on.
     I turned my attention over to Kassidy and Kayla who were yelling out the lyrics at eachother.

"I went to the moped store, said fuck it." Kassidy began.

"Salesman's like what up, what's your budget?" Kayla continued.

     Everyone was dancing around having a good time, sneaking drinks that Sophie snuck in her big ass purse.

"DOWNTOWN" Kassidy and Sophie screeched at the same time.

     I was about to go over and dance around with some strangers, just for fun, when Hayes pulled me close to him.

"I love you." He mumbled, planting a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you too." I replied, sliding out of his grip and running over and hugging Kassidy who hugged back.

    After dancing to a few songs, including some Taylor Swift, Drake, Ariana Grande and more. We decided to head to the photo booth.

"Okay! Couples first, then us four will go!" I exclaimed getting excited.

     I grabbed Hayes' hand and walked into the booth. It was fairly big and Hayes picked me up bridal style, and we both smiled widely.

"You're so beautiful." Hayes stated, after the picture was taken.

     After us, Cameron and Sophie went, Kayla and Jc following. Nash and Britney disappeared somewheres. They're probably off having sex. Gosh, they're disgusting.
    Lastly, Kassidy and Shawn went into the booth. They took about 10 minutes, how many pictures are they taking?
     Finally, they both came out. Kassidy was flattening down her dress and Shawn was adjusting his pants, and running his fingers through his hair. Oh my god. No one else noticed what they had just done, but I did.
    Us girls walked into the booth. We thought for a second on what pose to do, and finally we decided on one.
   Kassidy hopped onto Sophie's back, with my help because she was kinda sore if you know what I mean, wrapping her arms around Sophie's neck and kissed her cheek.
   I did the same to Kayla.
    Once the picture was taken, we headed out and saw all the boys laying on the floor.
    I ran over to where Hayes was laying, and jumped onto his stomach. I didn't have too much of an effect on him, so he didn't move much.

"Let's go back to the apartment and play spin the bottle!" A drunk Jack Johnson slurred.

"YES! LETS GO!" Nash agreed, suddenly reappearing.