Chapter 7

The rest of the trip on our way home was too quiet. Well, I don' really know what to say. Things have been moving on too fast and to top it up with my sister finding her mate and new boyfriend. Surely things will get weird sooner or later. But I won't let that happen. I hate to know that I'm no longer the only person my sister cares for it is now me and Nate. So upon arriving home, I immediately went up to my room got prepared for bed and drifted off as fast as a lightning.

7:00 Alarm Music turns on.

'Walking through the gallery of light, Say hello to all those wayward eyes, Light up and cast your fears away' (Song Cosmic Egg by Wolfmother video on the side -> )

The warmth and coziness of my bed still pulls me in to deep sleep when my alarm went off. Ugh! It's 7 am on a Saturday and I forgot to remove the alarm last night. Lazily reaching for the alarm with my eyes close I hit on something and heard a thud on the floor. Feeling satisfied with the silence, I started to drift off again when I heard a car had parked in front of the house. With my windows open, I'm sure it's him, Nate.

I immediately stood up, went to the bathroom to check on myself and made sure I don't look like I've just woken up. I was down the staircase and on the door before my sister reach it. When he knocked, I open the door and covered his way through. Making sure he wont get inside easily.

"Sky! What the hell?!" my sister yells on my right ear.

"Damn! Meg, we're werewolves. I can hear you loud and clear you don't need to shout at me. You know."

"Yeah I know. But what the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Just making sure that I am protecting my sister from harm."

With those words, I shoot Nate angry looks. I can feel that he is intimidated by me. Which is a good thing, but he is the beta and he knows what he needs to do to make me listen to him and let them be. Too bad I'm still having problems with my wolf or he might be kissing the floor now; together with his smirk.

"Hey! Chill lil wolf. You don't need to worry. I will not hurt your big sister and I promise to protect her with my life." He promised crossing his heart.

Okay, so he caught my soft side. But I won't give up easily. I checked him head to toe then stared straight in to his eyes saying 'I'm watching you. d'you understand?' he nodded and I let him through.

I shot the door close with a bang and went back to my room. I could hear my sister apologizing to him for my actions. Which she need not to bother, because I shall treat him whatever I want even if he is our beta. He will ruin my life, that's for sure.

Deciding to cool off, I went to the bathroom and took a cold bath. After bathing for 15 minutes, as I enter my room my phone started ringing. It is Cleo, maybe calling to check on what time we will be doing our homework. But right after what happened last night, I don't think that I can stay in a room with her.

My bedroom door suddenly opened that got me caught off guard. I have been having this problem with my senses ever since that thing happened and it has been pissing me of. But what pissed me more is the fact that I am only covered by a towel and the person who suddenly opened my door was no other than Cleo.

After what seems like a few minutes of a staring contest. She went inside my room and closed the door together with the lock. Then she started walking towards me with that smirk on her face. I sure know what this person is thinking and I don't like it. Well, not now actually because of my sister's mate. His smell lingers everywhere in the house that when Cleo opened my door, this smell went inside my bedroom as well.

"Well. This is a nice sight. Your sister allowed me to enter you room without your permission. Just incase you're wondering."

"Huh. She's so typical. I'm not yet ready to do our homework. May you let me get dressed first?"