Chapter 65: Luna

'Dani.'

'Dani.'

I do not know what happened to me but when Luna touched my forehead the darkness consumed me. And now here I am, covered in darkness hearing Sky's voice call out to me. I know she's trying to talk with me using our mate link; or so I thought. I have been lying awake in this darkness for far too long and all I have left is Skylar's beautiful voice saying my name over and over again. That is until.

"Danita." A faint female's voice called out to me after another round of Skylar's beautiful voice. But of course with nothing to see I do not know who that might be. "Hahaha." The same person who owns the voice laughed as if hearing my thoughts. "Seriously? Is this the chosen mate of the Strongest Alpha ever to be born? Will the chosen Luna of the greatest Alpha will just lay there and continue to wallow in darkness? What about your mate? Don't you want to go back to her?"

The voice mocked at me in my silence. It is funny actually, ironic even since I can't even mo... But then again, I haven't even tried to move since I woke up in this darkness. Upon realizing this, a small dot of light appeared from afar as I try to move my fingers and toes.

Making sure that I am able to move, I started to stand up. Balancing myself on my two feet took a few moments for the darkness and stiffness had slightly crippled my senses. "Who are you?" I asked in the darkness. Waiting for an answer I decided to walk towards the light. "So now where are you going?" The lady asked again. The voice sounds familiar but I can't give a name or a face to it. However I just decided to keep my rude remarks to myself.

So deciding on keeping my mouth shut I continued to walk. If that light will be my way out of this darkness I am more than willing to walk a thousand miles if I have too. Even if I don't have food or water and even if it'll take me days or weeks to get there I don't care. As long as I get out of here I'll do whatever it takes. For Skylar and everyone else.

I do not know how long I have been walking this desert like place with a never ending darkness. The star like speck of light has grown an inch but just enough to give light. However I'm starting to feel tired, thirsty and hungry. My legs are getting weak as sweat had engulfed every inch of my body.

Deciding to take a short rest, I stopped and allowed my body to fall down to the ground. "That light won't go anywhere. I just need to rest a little." I spoke closing my eyes trying to calm myself. Then suddenly a chuckle that came from a man echoed taking away the silence. I am somehow scared and glad that I am not alone in this place. But is the other person here a friend or an enemy?

'"Who's there?" I asked sitting up wanting to know who's my unexpected companion. But then a small smile started to form from the tips of my lips. There in front of me is a well. And sat beside it is my granddaddy. "Gramps!" I screamed merrily standing up and ran to his open arms. "I've missed you." I mumbled into his chest as his embrace grew tighter.

We stayed in the hug for a few more moments until he tapped my back and pulled away. "I have missed you too my dear. And I know that you have travelled far. So you must be thirsty. Go and have a drink." I nodded, moved away from him and started pulling on the rope. Then I drank as much water as I can and threw the rest of the water on me. Once done I sat beside my grandfather, refreshed.

"If you don't mind me asking. I just want to know what are you doing here." I decided to ask after a few moments of silence which allowed me to think properly. A smile started to form on his handsome face. "You really are a curious one." He spoke then laughed at his own remark. "I never thought that you'll grow as smart, courageous and beautiful as you are now."

Laughing slightly I spoke. "You're flattering me now gramps. We both know that I am your favourite grandchild. There is no need for this." In return, his smile grew as his hand reached for my head and started patting me like how he used to then he said that I am his only grandchild. Something I know for a fact ain't true but let it slide and laughed it off. "So. Where are you headed?" He asks once I had calmed down from laughing.