Try and stop us

Shane's PoV
I didn't stop running until I reached our shared apartment and hastily pulled open the door, slamming it shut harshly behind me, as though that would shut out my feelings that I shouldn't having right now. I mentally cursed myself as I tried to shrug my coat off my shoulders, just to remember how I had wrapped it around Drews slim frame at the park. He had been shivering terribly and I didn't want my little timid catching hypothermia or some other horrible disease. It was my job to protect him from all that and so far, I had been doing a pretty bad job. I hadn't stopped the hurt at all, merely intensified it.

I knew it was wrong, to take advantage of him, especially when he was in such a state but at the moment it seemed so right, probably because I had been waiting for this for so long and I was tired of waiting. There had never been a right moment in either of our lives for me to try kiss him and suddenly, all these pent up urges were controlling me.

Something had always gone wrong just before I was about to tell which left him in need of comfort instead of my confession or I would simply lose the nerve to do it at the last minute. Either way, I never did ask him , even though I had developed my crush for him around two years ago, just before his parents died. It was that night I had first planned to tell him but as soon as I heard the dreadful news, my plans were discarded as I went over to help him get through the pain.

I dumped my bag in hallway, not having the energy to put it away in my room. As a general rule I tried to tidy up my own messes around the flat instead of pinning it on someone else but today, i wasn't in the mood to try keep the peace between us all. Besides, it was all going to kick off between keveridge tonight due to how Kier had acted towards Lucy, whilst I would be bombarded with questions from my inquisitive little timid. He would want to know about the kiss and my motivation, but I wouldn't be able to give him a straight answer. I would have to lie to him, which killed me inside but it was the only way to do this without causing him anymore hurt or worry. It was far too early into his recovery to introduce a new relationship, especially as it could end up setting him off again. It would take time for him to get better and I was keenly waiting for him on the other side.

Sighing, I made my way to the tiled kitchen, trying to think up a way I could make it up to Drew for both my behaviour in the park and the pack of lies I was about to tell him. I couldn't help but feeling bad for keeping secrets from my timid  sand so, I vowed to treat him like a prince at every opportunity. Perhaps a nice dinner would be good to start with, followed by a series of marvel movies and many cuddles.

To many, that would sound like a shit, tacky idea but that was Drews personal heaven.

Smiling slightly, I pulled the correct ingredients from the cupboards and set to work, busying my mind with cooking and getting all the right measurements of ingredients. I was making Drews favourite meal of all time, a spaghetti bolognese using a special recipe Laurence had given me for the sauce. Even though Laurence made it the exact same way I did, Drew always claimed that mine tasted a whole lot better. He really was too sweet!

By the time I was halfway through cooking the meal, I heard the unmistakable sound of the front door opening and I smiled, expecting to be met with the sight of my timid home safely. However, only Laurence and Luke trailed through the apartment door, with kier and Drew nowhere in sight. I instantly started to panic as I assumed that once I had left, Drew would have gone back to where the others instead of staying out all on his own.

" hi there Shane. What you cooking?" Luke greeted me socially, glancing down into the contents of the pan and smiling widely when he saw the spaghetti sauce bubbling. He too shared Drews love for spaghetti bolognese and often requested we make it for tea. However, we rarely had time to cook these days and we mostly settled for takeaway food.