Fort timids

Shane's PoV
     My eyelids were dropping dangerously low over my hazel eyes and my glasses were hanging precariously low over the end of my long nose. I knew that it was getting really late, incredibly so, and my every bone ached with longing for me to go to bed and sleep but I refused to give in to the urge. The digital clock on top of the living room TV had read 01;15 the last time I had checked it and by now, me and kier were the only ones in the whole house awake.

Drew had been the first one to go to bed, just after ten o'clock as he claimed he was incredibly tired and would die if he didn't get any sleep.  Luke was next, mostly because he had to be up ridiculously early in the morning to go to a pointless job that he hated with a burning passion. Laurence had only just disappeared to go up to bed about fifteen minutes ago, as he has been staring intently at his laptop screen almost all evening, working on a new chapter for his latest book. He only left the comfort of the leather arm chair to get a can of beer or a packet of jammy dodgers from the kitchen cupboards.

Kier was still awake at this time but unlike me, he wasn't almost falling asleep, he was awake and bubbly as ever. He was still up versions one of his school friends on an online X-Box game of Fifa and he had been for hours, hogging both the TV and the gaming system selfishly. my little timid had been vying for kiers attention all night but to no avail. Kier had harshly brushed him aside, just like I had feared he would when I first discovered about their relationship.

I couldn't Blame kier for it of course, he was still just a kid who simply mistook his feelings for love and acted purely upon instinct when he asked Drew out. he never really thought it through first and he never considered how much time and attention he would have to invest into making it work out. In most normal teenage flings this wouldn't be the case, it would be a few simple date nights and few cheesy compliments to keep the other half sweet but Drew required so much more than that, yet kier wouldn't give him it. He needed someone constantly by his side in case the negative thoughts came back and threatened to consume him and someone to stop him from relapsing if they did. He needed constant compliments to keep up his weak self esteem and he needed lots of attention to make him feel special and loved again. And kier didn't seem to realise this, as he had no idea just how fragile Drew was inside. Despite the fact they were in a relationship and had been for around a solid month now,  I was still the only one who knew of Drews dark secret.

I glanced back at the clock to see that only three minutes had passed since the last time I had checked yet it seemed like hours. I was trying desperately to pull an all nighter but I was failing incredibly. Some people were just naturally able to stay up all night without any strange effects but I could barely even make it to one o'clock inthe morning without wanting to give in and crawl back to my warm bed.

Yet I didn't want to give in as even if I went to my room and climbed into my bed, I wouldn't be able to sleep, as nowadays, the large double bed was too empty with only body occupying it. I missed Drew wrapped so tightly around me, hanging onto me for dear life, slightly resembling a fluffy koala holding onto a stick of bamboo. I missed his body heat warming me up from the inside and I missed his adorable little snores and the way his nose would twitch in his sleep. I missed it all so much, as well as his extremely comforting presence.

Against both mine and Laurence's will, Kier and Drew had taken it upon themselves to decide that they would both share kiers room, seeing as they were a couple now. I had begged and pleaded with Drew not to leave and I could tell that deep down, he didn't want to move anymore than I did but he was doing it to please kier. That was yet another thing, I felt like Kier was bossing him around too much, though neither of them seemed to notice or particularly care. I knew it wasn't Kiers fault and I realised that I could be reading too far into things as I wanted Drew to myself but I still didn't approve of them being together.