The Citedal

I stared at her. A look of pure confusion etched across my face. I had never heard anything about this place and now I was being forced to go there against my will. What a lovely day this is shaping up to be.

She smiled lightly and turned back to face the wall across from us. "I know right? I've never heard of it either." She said just before the loud engines roared to life. My eyes widened and my hands clenched into tight fists. I felt a rush of pain make its way to my shoulder from my hand, I let my palms stretch out and down fell my music box, the one my mother had scavenged for me.

Without even realizing it I had been clasping onto it the entire time. I relaxed at the sight of the box slightly. For some reason it gave me hope. Something that was hard to come by these days, something I would never give up on. Capable looked down at my hand in enjoyment. She must've been able to tell by my expression how much this small item meant to me.

"What is it?" She asked squinting her eyes at the tin object. I tried to grab it hit quickly reminded myself that my hands were tied above my head, I could not reach the music box on my lap. But I did explain what the box did to Capable and she seemed just as intrigued as I was the day mother had given to me. The mere thought of that day brought a smile to my face.

--one hour later--

I woke up to nothing. The car was pitch black. The cries of the other girls had subsided to soft whimpers, barely audible from where I was sitting. The loud rumble of the engines had disappeared. And a low mechanical voice could be heard from outside of the car. A voice that sent a wave of shivers down my entire body.

My breathing quickened and I could feel my muscles tense up again, I did not want to meet the man attached to that voice. I was sure of that.

I gave capable a shove with my leg and she quickly woke up with a shocked expression  spread across her small, flawless face. "Sorry..." I whispered to her. But the look remained on her face. I hadn't noticed until now, but the door had opened and standing just outside was a man. With long white hair and some sort of scary breathing mask on his face. We were in the Citedal.