The explosion

The light in the distance fluttered out and the sound of distant screams filled the air. Nux jumped down from the rig and grabbed the hitch from the front of the rig. "Hey! War boy!" Cheedo shouted at Nux. He just kept running towards the dead tree. He got to the tree but the hitch was to short.

Bloodbag ran up to him and grabbed the hitch. Nux ran towards me and held out his chains. "Wait" I held up my fingers and hopped back into the rig grabbing the large pair branch cutters. I hopped out of the rig and mustered up all my strength to cut the think chains wrapped around his wrists.

Once they fell off he picked them up and before running off pecked me on the cheek. Maybe the old Nux was coming back. I hopped back into the rig and sat beside capable. "Blade. Are you still mad at me?" I shook my head and grinned at her. "I have you and Nux back, how could I be mad?" She smiled and turned around.

The drivers door slammed shut and I yelped in surprise. Nux and capable laughed at me. "Relax, just me" Nux said looking back at me. I rolled my eyes and hopped into the front seat. "How do ya retract the hitch" he scanned his fingers along the various buttons and switches scattered by the rigs wheel.

I flipped a black switch by the wheel and the hum of the retractor went off. "How did ya know that was tha right one?" He furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Dunno, lucky guess" the rig sputtered and fought to drag itself out of the deep slimy mud. I looked out of the windshield and saw the tree the hitch was attached to being pulled from the ground. Bloodbag had is arms wrapped around it trying to hold it down.

In one quick motion the rig burst out of the mud and drove forward. It went up a small hill. We got a few feet across the hill before the engine started sputtering with smoke and steam. The rig slowed to a stop and slowly the life was drained from the engines.

"I never thought I would do somethin as shine as that" Nux said, eyes wide and a laugh cutting throughout is words. I smiled it him. Bloodbag came around and quickly opened the door. "How are the engines?" Nux shook his head slowly. "Very hot and real thirsty" he pursed his lips and looked down at the wrench we were using as a wheel. I wish I hadn't lost my car. I finally had one and then I destroyed it the day I got it.

I climbed over Nux and hopped out of the door landing on the soft sand instead of the mushy, brown mud.
"Well you keep going" bloodbag finished. I really should pay attention more often. I might actually hear a full sentence for once. "Blade. Get in" furiosa cocked her head towards the rig and I nodded in response running back to the rig. "You, war boy" Nux looked over at furiosa. "At the front" he slowly nodded and hopped out of the rig.

I jumped out of The rig and walked alongside Nux to the front of the rig. If Larry and Barry attacked, this time I'd be with him. I heard the rig roar to life from behind me and me and Nux started running. I guess we were running to test if there was any more mud blocking out path. Immortans fleet would definitely catch up to us if we got stuck again. Even if he was still dealing with his lost wive and baby.

I could hear Nux struggling to catch his breath from beside me. I had pretty good stamina so I didn't have a problem running for long amounts of time. Nux wouldn't either if it wasn't for Larry and Barry. "Nux...are you okay" he just nodded and kept running gesturing with his hand for the rig to keep following.

I heard the noise of the engine come to a halt and saw the rig and stopped moving. That was only about half a click. Is that what bloodbag was saying? How far to go? All of the wives hopped out of the rig with buckets in hand. Furiosa handed me and Nux canteens of water. "Up there" she used her robotic hand and gestures up towards the engine. I climbed up the side with both of my hands and felt a pain shoot up my bandaged one. "Ouch!" Everyone turned and looked at me. "I'm...fine" I gestured my hand towards the wives and furiosa and they went back to cooling the engines.

"Blade? Are ya okay?" Nux said pooring the canteen of water onto the steaming engine. I climbed up with my one hand and started doing the same. "Yeah. Just my buggered up hand keeps givin' me trouble" he furrowed his eyebrows and looked at my hand. "Nux I'm fine" I reassured. He slowly nodded and went back to his work.

'Bang!' I looked off in the distance and saw a large cloud of smoke and fire lift off into the air. I hopped off the rig and walked towards furiosa. In the distance the only thing that could be seen was a figure slowly walking towards us.

--woo! 600 reads! And woo! new chapter! Can we get to 800!?!--