Chapter 27: The End of Time

"I thought I was dead but when I woke up you were the one dying. I wished that it was me who was dead when I saw you being rushed to the infirmary. You were right beside me but yet it felt like you were so far away. I just..." his voice cracks and he takes a deep breath "I love you so much Alexis ..."

Oh my God he said it! He said it, the L word. Truth be told, I never believed in love. I thought it was a fool's emotion because love always equals loss. But with Steve I didn't lose anything. In fact, I gained everything. 

He showed me what the world was really about. He showed me the purpose of human beings. And to love and to be loved. All my challenges, struggles and or accomplishments have little to none significant than those three important words. He got me to believe in love so I didn't hesitate when I said to him "I love you, Steve Rogers. Till the end of time." and let me tell you something, I meant every single word and seeing his brilliant smile made everything worth it. 

He placed me down on the bed gently then pulled me in his arms. He kissed my head and whispered that caused goose bumps "Even the end of time won't stop me from loving you." I smiled brightly and snuggled in his warm chest. And we fell asleep that night in each other's arms just how we fell in love, slowly and then all at once.

*THIS IS THE END! I AM SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER BUT I WROTE ALL I WANTED TO WRITE! I HAVE LOVED WRITING THIS STORY AND MAKING ALEXIS COME ALIVE AND I APPRECIATE ALL MY READERS WHO GAVE THEIR TIME AND OPINIONS! PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR ANOTHER BOOK OR EULOGY(i don't know if I'll do one)! THANKS TO ALL YOU LOVELIES! JE VOUS AIME TOUS!<3